Chapter 1 (Revised)

1386 Words

"So, did you see Jackson today. He looked so hot." Rosie said squealing like a schoolgirl. I rolled my eyes.

Hi, my name is Phoebe Stilinski. I am the younger sister of Stiles, but of course, you already know that. Right now,I am having a sleepover with my best friend since kindergarten Rosie. She is more of the bubbly, happy person while me I am the laid back, carefree person. Rosie won't stop obsessing over Jackson Whittemore, who I might add is a total douche. He has a girlfriend but still flirts with every girl he sees. Don't get me wrong he is hot. Its just his attitude is horrible.

" Rosie, what do you see in him? He is such a douchebag. " I say looking at my nails. Rosie gasps.

" Phoebe Analise Stilinski, you did not just insult the love of my life." Rosie says shocked.I laughed. I laughed until my sides hurt.

" T-t-the love of you life has a girlfriend and barely notices you." I say calming down. Rosie' face scrunches up at the mention of Jackson having a girlfriend. She HATES Lydia Martin with all her might. I personally don't have anything against Lydia, as long as she doesn't mess with Rosie, then we're cool.

"He'll be mine one day, just wait." I roll my eyes and laugh. Me and Rosie continue talking until Stiles burst through my door, making us jump.

" What the hell, Stiles!! You scared the crap out of us." I say looking at my brother like he has 2 heads.

" Dead....body....in...the....woods." Stiles says breathlessly. Me and Rosie just sit there and look at him. I am still so confused on why he is in here.

" And we care because...." I push on. Rosie laughs.

" They only have half of the body and I want to find the other half" Stiles says with a smile on his face. Now I am interested and Rosie looks interested too.

" Okay, let's go doofus." I say standing up and slipping on a pair of my combat boots. Rosie stands up and slips on her 5SOS Limited Edition Converse.

" Rosie, why would you wear limited edition shoes into the woods?" I ask. She shrugs. We all walk downstairs and get into Stiles' famous beat up jeep and drives to Scott' house so he can come with. For some reason Stiles climbs up on the roof. Rosie and I watch in amusement as Scott comes out with an baseball bat. None of the McCalls play baseball but yet they both have bats. Stiles and Scott have a conversation until I honk the horn telling them to hurry up. I'm not a very patient person. The get in then we drive to the preserve.
.
.
.
.

Me and Rosie are walking behind Scott and Stiles. It is soo creepy out here at night. We stay close to each other, jumping at every noise from twigs snapping to Scott' heavy breathing. Scott abruptly stops and takes a puff of his asthma pump.

" Maybe the severe asthmatic should be holding the flashlight." Scott says still out of breathe. Stiles turns around and looks at us and keeps walking. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

" I don't think we will be finding this body anytime soon." I say tiredly. All of a sudden I hear dogs barking and footsteps. Scott pushes me and Rosie behind a tree and he hides behind another one. I look from behind the tree and see Stiles laying on the ground and a dog barking in his face.

" Hold on, this one belongs to me." I hear my dad say.

"Hi,dad." Stiles says chuckling.

" So, do you listen in onto all my phone calls." My dad asks

"No...not the boring ones." Stiles say

"Where is you usual partner in crime?" My dad ask swirling his flashlight around.

"Oh, Scott, he's not here. He said he wanted to get a good night sleep for first day back at school tomorrow." Stiles say confidently.

"And where is your sister? Stiles please tell me you didn't bother her and Rosie." My dad says sighing.

"They went over to Rosie' place because I kept trying to prank them." Stiles says with a laugh.

" Well you and me young man are going to have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy ." Dad says walking away with Stiles.

Me, Rosie and Scott start walking back toward the road when all of a suddent we are attacked by a large amount of deer. I screamed and me and Rosie fell to the ground and covered ourselves. When the deer disappeard me and Rosie got up to see Scott searching for something with his phone. All of a sudden he screams and falls over a cliff.

"SCOTT!!!" We run over to see him getting up. Then I am knocked down by something moving too fast for me to see. Then I see Rosie get knocked down. I look over and see the thing biting into Scott' side. He screams. I get up and kick the thing in its side, learning Karate comes in handy. It flies off of Scott into a tree. It whips around and it's red eyes are staring back at me. I continue to stare at it, then it turns and runs away. I help Rosie and Scott up and we walk back to my house, me and Rosie helping Scott walk since he's injured. We end up spending the night there, all of us too scared to be alone.

°°°°°°′°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

When I woke up, Scott was gone and Rosie was laying next to me, drool on the corner of her mouth. It was the one thing that made me smile after what happened last night. I still couldn't shake the image of the beast with the red eyes out of my mind. Sighing, I woke Rosie up and we got ready for school.

When we arrived, we were bombarded by Scott and Stiles, telling us that we were going back to the preserve because Scott found the other half of the body and lost his inhaler.These idiots just haven't learned their lesson. I asked Scott how his side was feeling and he lifted his shirt, revealing a large white bandage with blood on it . Grimacing, I turned by head . This is just too much. Telling them that I'll meet them after school. I walked to my first period. Rosie was long gone, somewhere making googly eyes at Jackson.

Later that day, we were, once again, walking through the woods looking for Scott' inhaler and the other half of someone's dead body. I was bent down looking around in the leaves when Stiles roughy grabbed my arm. I turned around ready to slap him on the back of the head, when I saw what he was staring at.

A man standing at about 6'1", Raven black hair, a muscular build and gorgeous green eyes. I was mentally undressing him when his eyes met mine. We were staring at each other for about 30 seconds before Scott noticed and pulled me behind me.

"What are you doing here? Huh? This is private property." His voice, oh my god, cue the waterfalls.

"Sorry man, we were looking for something but never mind." Scott said with a little fear in his voice. The man threw something at him and he caught it. It was his inhaler. The man looked at me one more time and met my gaze holding it for a few more seconds before walking away. I watched his ass as he walked away. It looked amazing.

"That's Derek Hale. His family died in a fire like 10 years ago. What's he doing back here?" Stiles whispered.

"I don't know. Let's get out of here, I'm getting the creeps again." Scott said. We walked back to the Jeep. Me actually wondering what he hw as doing back in Beacon Hills. I sure wouldn't want to come back if my family died here. I sighed. Maybe I'll find out one day.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°••°•°•°•°•°•°••°°••°

Heyyyy, I'm editing this book. There will be major changes. Rereading what I wrote before has me shaking my head 😂 Hopefully you guys enjoy the new and improved the book. I'll be editing the chapters as often as possible.

(Edited 11/20/16)