Chapter 2 (Revised)

1227 Words

(Phoebe's POV)

"Are we still going to watch the Lacrosse game?" I asked Rosie. We were standing at my locker while I got my jacket. Rosie was leaning on the locker next to me looking at something on her phone. I closed my locker hard making her jump. I smiled like I had done nothing. She rolled her eyes.

"Duh....isn't Jackson going to be there?" Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I hate her obsession with Jackson. I tured and walked to the Lacrosse field. Rosie sat down next to me. I looked at the field and say the boys lined up to do practice. Coach Finstock was constantly yelling at Greenberg. Poor guy. I turned to see Rosie's eyes glued on Jackson's bum. I rolled my eyes and leaned back watching the guys do their drills. I watched as Jackson rammed into Scott. I winced just looking at it. Jackson looked back at Scott and said something I couldn't hear. Stiles and me looked at each other then turned back to Scott. Coach Finstock went over to Scott and said some pretty rude things.

Scott got back in line and ran toward Jackson again. I looked wide eyed as Scott knocked Jackson down pretty hard. Jackson grabbed his shoulder in pain. Scott fell down to his knees and grabbed his head. I got up and ran toward Scott. I looked at him and HIS EYES WERE GOLD!

"Guys, I can't control it it's happening." Scott said throught clenched teeth. I look at Stiles.

"What?!? Now?" Stiles said lowly.

"Yes now" Scott says deeply.

"C'mon lets go" Stiles says while grabbing Scott and running with him across the field. I look up trying to find Rosie but I see Derek behind the bleachers. I cocked my head in confusion, questioning why he was there. I run to follow after Scott and Stiles. I go to the locker room to see Stiles spraying Scott with the fire extinguisher.

"Stiles...Phoebe? What happened?!?" Scott says disoriented. Stiles sets down the extinguisher.

"You almost shifted on the field and then almost killed me! That's what happened." Stiles says breathlessly. I look at Stiles and Scott.

"You can't play on Saturday, Scott." I say

"But I'm first line." Scott says

"Not anymore." Stiles says. I get up and walk back back to the field to see Jackson sitting on the bench while the medic looks at his shoulder. I walk to the bleacher and grab my things. I walk toward me car.  As I am about to get in, someone puts there hand on my shoulder. I grab it, twist it behind their back and kick them in there leg. Whoever the person is groans. I pull their head back and see that it's Derek.

"I am sooo sorry. I thought you were like a creeper or something." I say helping him up. I notice he is wearing his usual black jacket and jeans and a white shirt. He backs up from me, grabbing his shoulder, rubbing it.

"Soo, why are you here?" I ask curiously.

"Checking on Scott." He says nonchalantly

"Well, he's fine. Everything is under control." I turn back around and get into my car. I had way too much homework to do to be conversating.
.
.
.

The next day was the game and I was soo nervous there was no way to explain it.  For some reason, Scott and Stiles dragged me out to Derek's house late at night and I wanted to beat the crap out of both of them. I sat there while they dug . Stiles hit something. They untied the bag and there was half of a wolf. We all screamed.

"What the hell is that?" I said looking at Scott and Stiles who both looked terrified.

"I don't know, but I think we need to get out of here." Scott said picking up his shovel.

"Help me cover this up." Stiles said. I looked away from the wolf and saw a pretty purple flower. I walked towards it.

"Wait, that's wolfsbane." Stiles said picking up the flower. It was attached to a rope. He picked it up and pulled it. It made a spiral.

"Guys....." Scott said looking at the hole. I walked over and screamed jumping back and into Stiles' arms. I couldn't believe that there was now half a girl in there. I couldn't believe Derek was a killer.

------------------------

I stood there with Scott who had his arm over my shoulder. I leaned my head on his shoulder. We were standing in front of Derek's house as they walked him out with handcuffs on. I was still in shock from finding the body. I would have never thought Derek would be a murderer. Stiles snuck into the car where Derek was sitting and talked to him until Dad caught him and dragged him out. After listening to Stiles get yelled at, we left, preparing for the night that followed.

_____________________________

I was sitting behind Stiles as we were watching the game. I couldn't stop thinking about Derek. The game was getting pretty intense. I began to shake in nervousness. Stiles put his hand on my knee to calm me down. I smiled at him. I looked back at the field and saw that Scott hadn't caught the ball yet and we were loosing by 2 points. Suddenly Allison and Lydia hold up a " Jackson is #1 " sign. I could so picture Rosie holding that up. Then, Scott starts to charge toward the boy holding the ball in his net. He takes the ball and makes a goal. I cheer loudly. We still need one more point to win. Scott and some boy from the opposite team are having a staredown and the boy passes Scott the ball.

"Did they opposed team just deliberately pass us the ball?" Coach Finstock asks me.

"I think so Coach." I say surprised.

There is only 40 seconds left on the clock and we still need the goal. Scott is standing there when 2 boys start to charge at him. He shoots and makes the goal! Everyone cheers loudly but I continue to look at Scott and see him take his glove off, look at his hand and run away. Derek was right. He shifted. I walk down the bleachers and  walk towards the field. I look back and see my dad on the phone and Stiles sitting there.  I walk to the locker room and see Scott and Allison kissing. Gag. I walk to the field to see Jackson standing there holding Scott's glove inspecting it. I walk to him and take it out of his hands.

"What are you doing?" I ask while holding onto Scott's glove tightly.

"What happened to the glove, Stilinski?"  Jackson ask trying to take the glove from from my hands. I move it out of his reach.

"None of your business, Whittemore." I say while picking up Scott's lacrosse stick and turning away from him only to see Derek standing there looking at me. I freeze. Why is he out of jail?!? How is he out of jail?!? We continue to look at each other before I turn and walk towards the school. I turn and look over my shoulder to see him still looking at me. I turn and continue walking.

-----
Thoughts?!
(Edited 12/24/16)