Chapter 5 (Revised)

(Phoebe's POV)

When I woke up, I was laying in the middle of the forest. I had no idea how I got there and what had happened. I still had all my money and my phone. I couldn't get the image of those eyes out my head though. I walked around for 10 minutes before finding my way out the preserve.
~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~__~~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

I didn't tell anyone about what had happened because as far as I knew, I was fine. I had Rosie come to my house to hang with me because I didn't want to be alone. We decided to rents movie and watch a horror film.
We pulled up to the video store and see Lydia sitting in the car next to us. Rosie scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"She doesn't even deserve someone like Jackson." Rosie says and hops out the car making sure to scratch the paint on Lydia's car but Lydia doesn't even notice because she is too busy checking herself out in the phone camera. I walk into the store and straight over to the Comedy section. I spot Jackson standing in the romantic-comedy section. I laugh thinking about him watching a rom-com.

"What are you laughing at?" Rosie asks me while looking around. I point to Jackson and Rosie's eyes widen as she starts to fix her hair and check her makeup in the reflection of her phone. Jackson looks at up and winks at Rosie. She blushes. 'Pig' I think. I find the movie and walk towards the front desk when I spot a pair of feet hanging out one of the aisles. I walk over and see the store clerk with his throat slashed. I drop the movie and gasp loudly. Jackson and Rosie walk over to me. Jackson with wide eyes starts to walk back when all of a sudden he knocks down a ladder and the lights go out. We hear a growl behind us. We all slowly turn around and find a pair of blood red eyes staring at us. Jackson pulls Rosie and I into a aisle. I was frozen wth fear. Couldn't I just have a normal day for once. I was snapped out of my trance by the sound of the book shelves colliding into each other. I jump out of the way but the book shelf falls on Rosie's and Jackson's legs. I grab their hands and try to pull them out when I am swiped into the wall by the thing. I land, smacking my head onto the floor. Black spots immediately fill my vision. I hear Lydia scream and the last thing I see before I blackout is the silhouette of a huge black animal flying over me.
_~_~_~_~_~__~__~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

(Stiles's POV)

"Did they forget my curly fries?" My dad says while stuffing his face with his burger.

"You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones." I answer while looking for MY curly fries.

"I'm carrying an illegal weapon if I want the curly fries I will get the curly fries." He says

"If you think getting rid of all the contractions in your sentence make your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong." I say putting emphasis on "you are wrong". Then a message comes through the radio for my dad. I reach for it and he slaps my hand away.

"Unit 1 copy" he repeats. "We've got a possible report of a 187." The officer say and then continues "And sir, your daughter Phoebe was involved and is seriously hurt. She had to be rushed to the hospital for immediate surgery." He ends. My dad's eyes widen and he starts the car and zooms to the hospital. We hop out and run into the hospital looking for Melissa. She comes running over to us.

"She is still in surgery. She was thrown into a wall and she hit her head pretty hard." She says in one breath. I run out of the hospital and call Scott.

"Hello" He answers

"Phoebe is hurt man" I say crying

"What do you mean hurt?!?" He yells

"She was thrown into a wall and hit her head. She's in surgery." I say leaning my head against the wall in front of me.

"I'm on my way." Scott says before hanging up. I sank to the floor, putting my head between my knees, praying to all the gods that my sister would be okay.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_This was a short chapter, but I wanted to leave a little cliffhanger

This was a short chapter, but I wanted to leave a little cliffhanger. 😏

Edited 1/5/17
756 Words