Makoto turns against his class

Makoto was in his dorm room packing his suitcase. Even though he would only be away for a week, he packed all of his clothes to take them home and swap the clothes for summer clothing.

Makoto wasn't looking forward to spending time at home. He knew he would clash with his mother, or he and Komaru will have their usual sibling spat.

Makoto closed the suitcase. "Done," he sighed. "I'll leave it on the bed until I'm ready to go later on."

There was a knock on the door. Makoto let out another sigh. "Who is knocking on my door in the opening? Surely people will be getting ready for breakfast?"

Makoto walked over to the door and opened it. He was stunned to see Kyoko standing on the other side.

"Good morning Naegi," Kyoko smiled. "Good to see you in your school uniform. Are you busy? We need to talk?"

"About what?"

"A few things," Kyoko replied. "We can talk about them during breakfast."

"I don't think there is anything important to talk about, we have three babies coming in seven months, and we are screwed."

Kyoko shook her head. "Naegi, try and be more positive, please. You are beginning to sound like my father."

"At least your father has a job! I started job hunting yesterday, and I get turned down because I'm above the job I was requesting."

Kyoko put her hand on Makoto's chest and pushed him back so she could walk into the room. She closed the door.

Kyoko looked at Makoto. "I heard about that..." She paused when her eyes darted to Makoto's bed and saw a suitcase. "Naegi, why is there a suitcase on your bed."

"I'm leaving for a week," Makoto replied. "I may have snapped at my mother last night when I was on the phone to her, and she told me I was coming home for a week to sort my head out."

"I see," Kyoko replied slowly. "Anyway, why did you go to Togami? You do realise that he could have given you a horrible job. Which wouldn't be worth the pay."

"Horrible or not, to me, any job would be worth it as long as I have the cash to provide for you and the triplets."

"Naegi, you don't need to pressure yourself into getting a poor job. I know your concerns, but if you can get a job that you're happy with, then maybe you might move up the ranks and get more money."

"Kirigiri, I can't pick and choose the perfect job. Right now, needs must, and if a crap job appears, I will apply for it."

Kyoko shook her head. "Naegi, I'm going to be a detective. We will have money anyway."

"When?" Makoto replied bluntly. "It won't be straight away!"

"Naegi, can you take it easy," Kyoko said softly. "Look at you."

Makoto closed his eyes and let out a sigh.

Kyoko wrapped her arms around Makoto. "Please, relax. Your mood won't help mine. We will figure something out together."

"Kirigiri," Makoto said as he began to cry into Kyoko's shoulder. Hearing Makoto cry was breaking Kyoko's heart as she began to cry as well.

The future none of them planned was going to strike them hard in seven months, and they weren't ready or didn't have a plan.

30 minutes later

Makoto and Kyoko walked into class.

"Hey, Naegi!" Leon smiled. "Congrats on the good news!"