Nightmare and shopping

"Push!" The doctor said. "Come, Mrs Naegi. We have one baby left."

Kyoko was lying on a hospital bed cover in sweat as she held her husband's hand as she gave birth.

"Doctor," said of the nurses who was looking at the heart monitor. "Mrs Naegi's heartbeat is weakening."

"What!" Makoto said, horrified.

"Push, Mrs Naegi!" The doctor said.

Kyoko let out a scream as she pushed the last baby out. All three babies were delivered safely and healthy.

"We...we did it," Kyoko said weakly as she looked at Makoto. Then her eyes closed, and her head fell.

The heartbeat monitor made a long beep.

"Doctor, we have lost her!" The nurse said.

"No, Kyoko!" Makoto said as tears ran down his eyes.

"Get the husband out of here!" The doctor said, handing the third baby to one of the nurses. "Get a defibrillator in here now!"

One of the nurses forcibly grabbed Makoto up to his feet.

"No! Let me stay here!" Makoto pleaded. A second nurse helped drag Makoto out of the room. "KYOKO!" Makoto screamed.

*

"KYOKO!" Makoto screamed as he got up from the sofa.

Kyoko rushed from the kitchen and headed into the living room. "What is it?!" Kyoko stopped as she saw Makoto shaking and looking horrified.

Makoto was breathing heavily as he put one hand over his face.

Kyoko walked over to Makoto and sat down on the edge of the sofa. "Makoto, are you ok?"

"I... Kyoko..."

"Take a big breath," Kyoko said calmly.

Makoto began to cry. "It felt so real. I thought I lost you."

"Did you have a bad dream?"

"Yeah," Makoto sobbed. "You died after childbirth. Your heart stopped beating after the final child was delivered."

Kyoko didn't know how to respond.

"I'm sorry, Kyoko," Makoto said, drying his eyes. "I'm getting upset over a dream."

"No, it's fine," Kyoko said quietly. "How about I make you a cup of tea?"

"If you don't mind," Makoto said weakly.

"Ok, you sit here while I make you one. Father is out getting rolls and that. So he will be making us breakfast."

"Ok," Makoto mumbled.

Kyoko stood up and walked into the kitchen, and put the kettle on. "I hadn't considered the problems that could raise doing childbirth," she said to herself. "I hope Makoto's dream is just a dream."

Makoto and Kyoko stayed at Jin's place for the night since Hope's Peak Academy was officially closed for the summer. The newlywed couple couldn't stay at the dorms, and their house wasn't ready to live in.

All the toys and nappies that the couple received the day before from their classmates was in Kyoko's room upstairs.

Makoto was sitting on the sofa, thinking about the dream he just had. Then his phone began to ring. He picked it up, and it was his father that was calling.

"Hello, dad," Makoto said.

"Morning, son," Mr Naegi replied. "How are you?"

"I'm good," Makoto lied. "How are you?"