Sayaka's idea

It was a sunny Monday morning. Kyoko was walking through the corridors of Hope's Peak after dropping her clothes off that she took home for the weekend to wash in her dorm room. Kyoko felt refresh, and she was looking forward to seeing Makoto again after his positive change in attitude.

But she knew she had to wait for that moment as he wasn't due back for a few more days. Kyoko reached her classroom and opened the door. She stepped inside, and much to her surprise, Sayaka was sitting at her desk.

Sayaka's eyes latched onto Kyoko, and she held out a piece of paper.

Kyoko walked over to Sayaka.

"Take it and read it, Kirigiri," Sayaka said.

Kyoko took the piece of paper and opened it up.

Enoshima has told me everything, and Naegi's attitude hasn't impressed me. I wish to speak to you alone in private after class. I have an idea of how to help Naegi out with his job problem. If you agree to meet me later, hand me back the note and meet me in my dorm room after six.

Kyoko looked at the note in confusion. 'Maizono has an idea how to help Naegi? What has she thought of that I haven't?' She handed the note back to Sayaka and walked over to her desk in deep thought while Byakuya and Junko watched on.

Hours later

Kyoko was at Sayaka's dorm room. She knocked on the door and waited.

A few seconds later, Sayaka opened the door and let Kyoko in. Sayaka closed the door, and she turned to look at Kyoko, who in turn was looking at her.

"So," Kyoko said as she folded her arms. "What is the idea you have?"

"Before we speak about that," Sayaka replied as she walked past Kyoko and sat on her bed. "Naegi, have you spoken to him since he went home?"

"Yes, I have spoken to him on Saturday there, and he seems to be in a more positive mood than the one I saw before he went home."

"I see. Well, I was horrified when Enoshima told me that Naegi pretty much turned on the class."

"When did you and Enoshima speak?" Kyoko asked.

"Last night, I will be honest, I was stunned to learn that you were carrying triplets."

"Yes," Kyoko sighed. "The news of me having triplets were a shock to Naegi and me. So this idea you had?"

"Ah yes, since my conversation with Enoshima last night. I've been trying to think of ways to help Naegi find a job, and he needs one fast. One baby isn't so bad, but three? Yeah, I put my thinking cap on, and I have found Naegi a job."

"Really?" Kyoko's eyes widened for a few seconds. "What job is it?"

"Naegi can become my PA," Sayaka replied, smiling.

"Your personal assaaint?" Kyoko said, shocked.

"Yes," Sayaka nodded.

"Is that allowed?" Kyoko asked. "Because I was under the impression that agencies pick their PAs to company their models."

"Yes, that is true. However, my agency picks the cheapest PAs possible and to be frank. They are bloody awful. I had to sack my mines because it wasn't helping my career grow."

"Can you sack a PA?" Kyoko asked.

"No, but I moaned to the agency, and they officially sacked my PA. But sitting here now, a part of me wished I didn't because I've been rushed off my feet. But I know I've made the right choice."

"So why offer Naegi the job? He hasn't got any experience."

"True," Sayaka grinned. "But we both know he is a good speaker, his ability to understand things is good, and he is very polite."

"I guess, but that doesn't mean he is made for the job. How did you convince the agency to hire him?"

"I didn't," Sayaka replied. "I told the agency that I will pay his wages, not them. So it will be me officially hiring Naegi. Which the agency is happy with because it means they don't need to spend money on a PA."

Kyoko's eyes widened in disbelief. "But you're just an upcoming model. You don't make that much, to begin with. How is Naegi going to make a wage?"

"Simple, if Naegi can do the job perfectly and set me up for gigs and other events, I will make money, and in turn, he will get paid."

Kyoko narrowed her eyes. "Oh, I see how it is now."

"Huh?" Sayaka replied, surprised.

"Naegi needs a job badly. So you're going to hire him pretty much on the cheap, and you're going to have him run around like a headless chicken trying to make you look good and earn money."

"Hey, you're making it sound like I'm taking advantage of Naegi's dire situation," Sayaka said while glaring at Kyoko. "Trust me. I'm not because I'm losing money out of this deal. Because I'M the one who has to pay Naegi's wages. Not the agency, who is taking a small profit from my earnings, to begin with. So I'm losing money to them, and I will be paying Naegi's wages, leaving me worse off."

Kyoko closed her eyes. "Maizono, I'm sorry. My feelings got the best of me there."

"Naegi and I go a long way back. I would NEVER take advantage of him!" Sayaka said, fuming. "That is the reason why I told you to take a pregnancy test way back at the start or how I was trying to keep his spirits up. Makoto is my friend, and I will make sure you will damn know it!"

Kyoko didn't know how to reply. She had never seen Sayaka explode like that before.

"Now then," Sayaka said, taking a big breath. "I will be asking Naegi when he comes back to take the job. Are you ok with him working for me?"

"Of course I am," Kyoko replied, confused. "I don't see why you need to ask."

"Because I'm not sure if you are secretly the clingy jealous type," Sayaka replied bluntly. "Plus, your emotions will be all over the place during the next seven months."

"I can assure you that I'm not jealous nor clingy," Kyoko fired back. "Besides, Naegi isn't that kind of guy to cheat on me, and I know you won't do anything with him."

"Good," Sayaka replied. Then her phone began to ring. Sayaka's eyes rolled and picked the phone up from the bed. "It's the agency. I'm getting sick of being my own PA."

"I will leave then," Kyoko said. She quickly left the room and walked down the corridor. "That was surprising. I didn't see any of that coming. But it's a good surprise. Hopefully, Naegi takes the job, and that will be one less thing to worry about. Then we can focus on the housing problem."

Thank you for reading.

I DON'T OWN ANYTHING.