Second Ultrasound

Makoto and Kyoko were sitting in the cafeteria eating breakfast before class started. Today was the big day when they found out the sex of their triplets. The young couple was in a happy place right now, following Makoto getting a full-time job yesterday.

"Hopefully, we get one child of the opposite sex," Makoto said while eating some toast.

"How come?" Kyoko replied, eating a yoghurt.

"Because if we had three girls or three boys and say ten years now from. They could be sneaky children by claiming to be each other."

Kyoko let out a small laugh. "That would be amusing, to be honest, but I'm a detective. I will be able to tell who is who."

"Will you, though? What happens if they are as smart as you?" Makoto said.

"We will simply ground them," Kyoko smiled.

"Oh wow," Makoto laughed nervously. "You sound like my mum there."

Kyoko was about to reply when Byakuya walked up to the pair.

Kyoko turned her head towards him. "Morning, Togami."

"Morning," Byakuya replied. "Naegi, congrats on getting a job."

"How did you know that?" Makoto asked, confused.

"Maizono told me when we bumped into each other last night."

"Bump?" Kyoko said with a raised eyebrow. "I doubt it was a mere bump, considering you spoke to Enoshima outside of class on that day when Naegi went home."

"Wait, they did?" Makoto said, surprised.

"Yes, I thought they were talking about you regarding your attitude that day. Both claimed they never spoke about you, but I do believe they did."

"Anyway!" Byakuya replied, somewhat annoyed. "Can both of you come to my dorm room tonight at 7? There is something I need to talk to you both about."

"Regarding what?" Kyoko said.

"Not here," Byakuya replied. "But, I do believe you will find what I have to say will be very interesting." Byakuya turned around and walked away.

Kyoko folded her arms as she went into deep thought.

"That was odd," Makoto said. "What could Togami want to speak to us about?"

"I do recall a few months ago Maizono saying that Enoshima told her everything regarding when the former was out of school. Then there is Enoshima and Togami."

"Maybe Enoshima is setting up the ultimate prank on us?" Makoto replied.

"I couldn't tell you, but I'm starting to believe she is up to something," Kyoko said. "Anyway, let's get to class."

The couple cleaned the table and put their plates and cups on a silver tray that housed dirty plates and cups, and the pair headed to class.

Once they arrived, they were met with one of the biggest smiles Aoi ever had.

"Oh, guys!" Aoi said happily, "It's the big day when you guys get to find out the sex of the babies! What are you two hoping for?"

"Let's hope it's not all girls," Mondo chuckled. "Or Naegi will be a busy father trying to fend off the boys in 18 years."

"Hey guys," Makoto said. "It doesn't matter what the sex of the triplets is. For Kyoko and me, the most important thing is that the three kids are healthy."

"True," Leon replied. "Can't fault that logic."

"See if it's a boy," Hiro said. "Can you name it after me?"