one. the happy hotel

You gasp softly and cover your mouth when the princess tackles the blonde news anchor. Blinking back softly you place down the calligraphy pen, closing the cap over it as to not dry out the black ink.

"What are you watching, boss lady?",Egg Boi seventy-five says while waddling to you. The egg minion latches onto your leg and you look down at him with a soft smile across your lips.

"The picture show! This princess has an amazing idea!",you exclaim with excitement while looking down at the notes you took on this hotel. The "Happy Hotel" a hotel that rehabilitates sinners. The Egg Boi hums before leaving. Your eyes glitter and you chew on the cap of the pen while swinging your legs back and forth on the desk.

The commotion on the news is a distant thought as you look down at the cute and happy stick figures that resembled the princesses. A smile is spread across your lips at this glimmer of hope in the dark that Hell has been for you.

Redemption. The chance to be redeemed.

Standing up at the sound of a blimp coming into the large and gothic-style building, you rip the paper out of the notepad and stick the pen behind your ear. When you hurry off a few of your invention designs slide and fly from the rickety wooden table.

When the blimp completely parks you rock on your nineteen-thirties heels, the pretty white and red colors of the shoes complimenting your legs. The tall snake demon soon leaves the entrance of the blimp with a smug expression on his features.

"I saw you on the moving pictures!",you exclaim with excitement,"I can't believe it worked!"

Sir Pentious smiles while shrugging and acting as if taking the northern territory wasn't something big. "Oh it wasss nothing!",he exclaims. He then steps towards you with a big smile while booping your nose. "I couldn't have done it without my bessst inventor! Another amazing invention!"

The praise fills you with a bit of warmth and you snort while following him towards the dining room. "Of course it was amazing, I created it.",you state in a matter-of-fact way.

Sir Pentious turns to you and opens his mouth until he notices the paper in your hand. He snatches it from your grasp and grins wide. "Oh! Already ssstarting on a new...",he trails off a bit. His narrow eyes look to you in a confused manner. "And what is thisss?"

You interlace your fingers in front of you and jump on your feet with excitement. "It's my chance! It-It's a hotel that the princess is running. It's supposed to rehabilitate sinners and-and it could possibly get me into Heaven!",you exclaim with a big smile,"Isn't that marvelous!"

The serpent looks back down to the paper and he frowns a bit. "Y/N...",he starts in a wary tone,"...you promissed you would ssstop this after the lasst incident." Blinking softly you feel your mood falter a bit with your excitement. But you quickly shake your head.

"Yes I know but this is promising. My inventions haven't worked...yes...but! this-",you take the paper and show him the happy stick people,"-this could work!"

He looks at you with worry and concern across his features. Shaking his head gently he takes the paper back. "Y/N you're going to be let down again, you ssshouldn't do thisss."

Grabbing his hand and taking it in yours you're blind to the way his face heats up. "Pen...please support me on this...I still have hope.",your voice has softened immensely. Those pretty e/c eyes of yours gaze into his and he finds himself weakening.

He never could say no to you.

"...but what about our work together? I cannot be the evil geniusss I am ssso desstined to be if you are not by my sside.",he says while sandwiching your hand between his.