eight. "drunk" words are sober thoughts

"Oh Alastor I'll be fine it was just bad meat...",you frown while keeping your arms around his neck. He carries you with ease while making his way towards your bedroom. No more blood stains you and no more vomit is on your night attire, using his ability to clean you up quickly and without the risk of being improper with you. "I need to clean up the mess downstairs...",you whine softly while fanning yourself.

Alastor looks to you and he sighs heavily. After you hurled all over the carpet he realized you received food poisoning. Not from dinner or anything normal, but instead from the two brown spider demons you tore into. Everyone who's a cannibal in Hell knows brown spider demons are not the wisest to consume. Especially raw.

Alastor learned that the hard way.

First it's stomach pains, then bleeding out of your heads orifices, hot flashes, cold flashes, drowsiness—pretty much if food poisoning, the flu, and drinking a ton of alcohol had a baby. Unfortunately you seem to have caught that baby due to the spiders you ate earlier.

"I already cleaned it up, my dear. This food poisoning should go away in time.",he explains in a softer tone to not draw attention from the sleeping habitants of the hotel.

You crinkle your nose in disdain. "Blaugh my tongue tastes nasty...",you complain.

The radio demon is silent as he takes you to your room. His heart is beating rapidly in his chest and his body is trembling a bit. When he saw the blood he honestly felt as if his heart fell into the pits of his stomach. You throwing up was the best thing he could have seen because it meant you're going to be okay.

But now guilt fills him for throwing his petty jealousy onto you. It was wrong and he should apologize. He's not going to due to his pride but he really should and at least he knows it. A part of him wonders if it was a sign of some sort—that split second where he thought something horrible was happening to you he filled with regret and worry for not professing himself.

You're a bit fussy and squirmy while entering the room in his arms. Alastor can't help but smile while laying you down on your bed. This reminds him of a time before, in the living world where the positions were switched. Of course he didn't have food poisoning from sickening spider demons but he was heavily drunk.

Honestly Alastor cannot wait to rub this in your face like you did him for so many years. So many humiliating things he did, he wonders if you'll act just as messy as he did that night.

"Alastor it's so hot...",you fan yourself and tug at the modest pajamas he put you in. A red satin set similar to the ones he owns. Your hands fumble with the black buttons keeping the top closed and he quickly waves his hand. The air conditioner turns on and he blinks back.

"No need for that, my dear!",he quickly exclaims while pulling the blankets out for you to lay beneath. He quickly pulls your hands away from the top while tucking you in. But he soon finds himself wincing in pain when you tug at the cowlicks in his hair. "O—Please let go, my dear."

"Soooo sooft...",you coo while pulling him down closer to you. Your eyes flicker to meet his and your hands fall down to cup his cheeks. "Don't leave me Alastor...please?",your tone is whiny and needy. A sad expression is written across your beautiful features, eyes pleading.

Alastor shakes his head gently and places his hands over yours. "I will not, mon coeur." His eyes widen the same time yours do and for a moment you just gaze into each other's eyes. There's a heavy silence as Alastor realizes what he just called you and his eyes are wary, an anxiety pools into his stomach.

Your eyes flicker to his lips for just a moment. "You...you haven't called me that in forever..." He flinches when tears begin to well in your eyes and your bottom lip begins to tremble. His eyes frantically search yours, bend over with his hands over yours that cup his face—just inches away from yours.