four. biting back

After losing five hundred dollars to Husk you clocked out and made your way to the basement door. You're a bit more upset and annoyed than before so many delving into what you love will help. And seeing Sir Pentious always did make you happy.

With a tilt of your head the door is closed this time. But when you try the knob you're surprised to find it unlocked. Humming in a pleasant manner you walk in, shutting the door behind you and making your way down the steps.

You can hear Baxter murmuring to himself and the sound of chalk against a chalkboard. The clicking noise and swiping a comforting one to you. Reaching the bottom of the staircase he seems to have yet to notice you. Too familiar with being in the zone you make your way over to him, crossing your arms and looking up at at what he's doing.

He seems to be writing down chemicals while flickering down to reference a piece of paper in his hand.

Soon enough he steps back, when he bumps into you he screams out in a shrill manner. The paper and chalk fall from his hands and he whips around to face you. You jump in surprise at his reaction before covering your mouth and laughing.

He feels his face flush with embarrassment when he realizes it's you. Clearing his throat he fixes his glasses on his face and is quick to crawl for the things he dropped. "You scared the daylights out of me! You cannot sneak up on me while I'm doing things!",he shouts while standing up and placing the chalk onto its little shelf.

"I hardly call what I did sneaky...I just walked in...",you mumble while rolling your eyes. When he turns to you you exhale and smile, eyes shifting to the chalkboard. "What are you doing anyway?"

He lets out a last little huff of embarrassment and annoyance before handing you the paper. "I-I was doing inventory of my chemicals.",he turns and gestures to the board,"It seems I'm short on some so I'm going to head out to get some from my usual supplier."

Looking down at the list your eyes widen at some of the chemicals. "Wh—How can you possibly afford this? Majority of these are A-grade chemicals!",you exclaim in shock. Half of the chemicals on the list you've been attempting to steal or find for cheap for the past decade.

"Well I work for the Magne family. Lucifer gave me a card to use whenever I needed anything. As long as I create whatever he wants when he wants it I can buy whatever and how much ever I want.",he explains in his usual fast-paced voice.

A soft "ooh" leaves your slightly parted lips before gasping softly. "Can I come with you?",you ask with excitement while clutching the paper in your fist. Baxter looks to you before shaking his head.

"No! Absolutely not. I-I do my business dealings in secret and I cannot have you know who I do business with. What if you cross me and steal! I cannot have that no no!",he takes the paper from your hand while rapidly shaking his head.

You frown and fold your hands in front of your chest. "Oh come on! Please! I promise you I will not do anything of the sort to you." Baxter freezes up when you grab his hand and clutch it between both of yours. His eyes widen and his heart thumps in his chest. "Please? I bet I can be of help."

Her hands are so soft and warm...she smells so good. Baxter shakes his thoughts with a scowl and snatches his hand out of yours. "Augh! Fine! Just don't do anything stupid and stop touching me.",he shouts in a fast-paced manner while folding up the list and sliding it into his pocket.

"Thank you!",you exclaim and he looks to you with his straight brows pinching together. Your smile is bright and elated, it makes his face burn a bit more red. You really are something to behold. He clears his throat and pushes up his glasses, grabbing his coat from a hook.