twenty-six. love at first sight

You cling to the toilet bowl like it's your lifeline, trembling hands clutching the porcelain so tightly the color has drained from your knuckles. Breathing heavily, each breath feels like fire in your sore and dry throat. Drool spills from your lips and the taste of vomit is intense on your tongue. You flush the toilet for the fourth time that morning, the sickness in your stomach more intense then before.

Beside you the empty vial rolls along the tiled flooring, your knee gently nudging it. The crimson liquid did nothing but leave a metallic and sweet taste on your tongue and a strange fluttery feeling in your heart.

This is a strange sickness and you have no idea why it's happening. Suddenly just two days ago you were feeling extremely nauseous and now you're hunched over the toilet bowl in your bathrobe.

Alastor rubs your back soothingly, his hands holding your hair back. "My love are you certain you didn't eat or drink anything strange?",Alastor asks softly. He feels immense worry that his fiancé has suddenly come down with such a nasty stomach bug. His brows are threaded and he pulls back some hair that falls, just in time as you hurl up more into the toilet.

"I-I'm...",you cough while wiping your mouth with the back of your hand,"...I'll be okay, ma moitié. It's probably just a nasty stomach bug...it'll go away soon. The nausea usually stopped when morning passed so hopefully the same applies to this." Your voice is hoarse and raspy, turning your head a small and weak smile rests on your lips. "You don't have to stay for this, I imagine it disgusts you so."

He chuckles lightly and leans in, planting a kiss against your forehead. "Why of course it does, my dear!" You laugh softly at his bluntness. He then shakes his head while rubbing your back soothingly,"But I'm not going to leave you, my darling." You smile and shut your eyes while resting your cheek against your forearm and breathing softly.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?",you mumble after swallowing hard. Alastor smiles while rubbing your back and his crimson eyes are already gazing into yours when your eyes flutter open.

"Tell me again.",he requests in a sweet voice.

A light and fluttery laugh leaves your lips and you smile warmly at him. "I love you so much.",you say with a playful crinkle of your nose. Alastor grins and leans down, planting another fluttery kiss on your cheek.

"And I love you so much, my dear."

It takes a while for your stomach to settle down. For a moment you wonder if it was the champagne and liquor you drank yesterday while celebrating your engagement with the others of the hotel. But that can't be a viable option since you've been feeling this sickness for the past—now—three days. Whatever this little bug is you really hope it goes away.

If not for female sinners being unable to have a child—having the gift of creating life taken away from them once sent to damnation—you would think you're pregnant. This is exactly how you were during your living pregnancy but that's not a possibility here. The inability to get pregnant is both a blessing and a curse. The idea was only in your mind for just a moment as you stand up and make your way over to the sink.

Alastor keeps his arm around your waist, worried you may fall on your shaky knees. He holds onto you while you clean yourself up, already having taken a shower before you began to hurl. A soft sigh leaves your lips as you look into the bathroom mirror, Alastor behind you with his arms around your waist.

"You're going to come live with me soon, aren't you?",Alastor questions and you look at his reflection. This sudden question honestly catches you off guard.

Your living situation was something you completely forgot about. Having already faced redemption there's no point in you staying and freeloading off of Charlie anymore. Not to mention after everything that occurred with your redemption you don't care about staying away from sin anymore. Now you can live your eternity however you want.