Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

Violet

The clouds floated by like white cotton candy below as I looked out the window. Clear untouched blue sky on top. I always made sure I tried to get a window seat on a plane. The view was serene and peaceful.

I stretched out my legs in the cramped space. Economy was always overcrowded. I glanced to the heavy-set guy seated next to me, bumping into me every few seconds while he drank his hot coffee. I scowled internally, and envied Mr. Bolton enjoying his freedom in first class.

He said to book separate classes on the same flight. To book two separate rooms. A single for me and a suite for him. I didn't mind though, since I could book our stay at a 5-star hotel in Miami overlooking the gorgeous ocean backdrop.

I glanced over the itinerary for the weekend. Mr. Bolton had meetings fully throughout Saturday starting from this afternoon, a golf game at 11:00am with a few executives and business lunches and breakfasts. He was going to present his project Saturday Afternoon. Knowing him, he'll probably make time for an exotic beauty, while we're here too. All in all, his schedule was totally booked.

I on the other hand, had the weekend quite free and mostly too myself. Since Mr. Bolton couldn't bring me along to his meetings and lunches. It was strictly for executives only. I would only see him maybe in the evenings or he would email me follow-ups to do. Either way, I was prepared to hear 'Blurred Lines' throughout the weekend.

The turquoise ocean came into view. I strained my neck to see the waves crashing against the rocks creating frothy foam. The sea was breath taking and tingles formed in my stomach from excitement.

"Welcome to Miami, Florida." The cool voice of the pilot echoed. "The time is 11:10am with clear and sunny skies."

Perfect weather for the beach, I sheepishly thought. Since I'll have a little time on my hands, I'll hit it sooner than I think.

The plane bumped slightly as it landed. I couldn't complain, it was a smooth flight. I took my small suitcase, packed with my laptop and notebook in hand and walked out the plane. I was to meet Mr. Bolton at the airports entrance since the first-class people headed out first.

After the long-queued check-out point, I whizzed past people pushing trolleys and some that stood idly by, bumping into a few. I bolted towards the entrance not wanting to keep the boss waiting for too long.

My eyes roamed the crowd of people and finally caught the dapper-looking man. He stood at a distance, in a dark jeans and a black shirt with black shades on. His hair immaculately sleeked back. A few flight attendants gave him a flirty eye as they dragged their suitcases behind them. He in return gave them a cheeky wink.

I rolled my eyes back secretly at the exchange. I couldn't lie, he did look handsome, his perfect white teeth dazzled these silly girls, his jade green eyes simply charmed them. He just seemed to pull them in! It was quite irritating.

"You took long enough?" He barked as he saw me approaching.

"Sorry I –"

"Save it Harper." He said annoyed. "We got to go, I've got things to do, the cab is waiting."

I followed him in a huff. He could be so rude sometimes! His tall figure walked briskly onward, and I tried to keep up with his long strides, my luggage bumping against my stockings, as I struggled with it.

The hot sun heated my skin as we stepped outside the airport. The pilot was right, it was indeed a sunny and pleasant day. Excitement echoed in me, thinking about dipping my toes in the enticing ocean. Mr. Bolton entered the cab in one swift motion as the cab driver placed our luggage in the trunk.