Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

Eric

The night air was chilled, as a cool breeze passed by. I placed my one hand in my black leather jacket pocket, the other holding a bottle of whisky, as I approached the front door. I knocked three times on the heavy metal, before it swung open.

"Eric! Glad you could make it bud!" James shouted.

We shook hands and patted each other on the back. James was my best friend, and we remained close since Harvard. I didn't have many friends that I called close. He knew a lot about me, and I knew a lot about him. We chased after a lot of girls and he was just as a player in his days as I was... or still am? That, however, came all to a halt once he knocked up a wife. I shook my head. My main wing man balled and chained. I felt so disappointed in him when I first received the news.

I entered his new home that he was throwing a house-warming party at. Mutual friends were invited too. It was supposed to be a casual affair with drinks and an outside barbeque.

"Long time no see my friend. How's things at the office?" James asked as I passed the whisky bottle to him.

"What can I say James, work is work. Handling financial affairs is no joke." I replied with a hard breath.

"Looks like you need this." He waved up the Jack Daniels. "Pour you a glass?"

"Please! You know it." I replied.

We passed through the large modern steel kitchen, dining and living room. The house was big and looked eye-catching. Huge family pictures scattered against the brick walls. I was glad for my friend.

The smoky air brushed my face as we walked outside to where the people were gathered. Old and new friends stood around, with familiar faces I had seen before. I knew Rebecca would be here too, since we had mutual friends. But I wasn't in the mood to see her tonight.

"Here you go." James marched up and passed me a glass half filled with whisky on the rocks.

"Thanks." I took a gulp and surveyed his spacious garden. Equipped with a pool and entertainment area.

"Eric!" I turned to see Hanna, James's wife coming towards me. Her blonde hair flowed, while she clutched her dress, her other hand holding her very pregnant belly.

"Hanna. Good to see you. Your home looks great." I said as she came up to kiss my cheek. "You look absolutely gorgeous, I say it time again, James is one lucky man."

She beamed and slapped me playfully. "Eric, always the charmer." She said smiling. "You look handsome as always I see."

"Well... I try." I teased with a wink.

A few friends came up to us. We chatted and caught up. Laughter and playful debates filled the garden. My mind drifted to Harper, hoping she was enjoying her date so far, and she wasn't saying something too ridiculous to chase Tom off. I smirked at the thought.

"... that's the best movie of the year so far!" Dan argued with James.

The two men were in a heated debate about fucking movies. I turned my head observing the small crowd once more.

Two hot green-eyed beauties caught my attention. The familiar tingle growing. I walked away casually from my arguing friends to the beauties. Both eyeing me hungrily and I returned their burning gazes.

The one flipped her long braid while the other giggled flirtatiously while I approach. Finally, I can have some fun!

"Ladies..." I sang out.