Tequila Twister!

Violet

"Pass the ketchup, please." I asked Eric across the table.

Eric slid the red sauce over, and I applied a generous heap of it on our homemade fries. Gosh! I loved ketchup with fries. I watched Eric take a munch out of his cheesy burger as I popped a hot fry into my mouth.

From the night of his apology dinner, Eric was better... Nicer. We watched all the Harry Potter movies and the Lord of the Rings, too — including The Hobbit! Sometimes back-to-back, leading into the hours of the morning with buttered popcorn. He had beers, and I had Coke Zero.

I've started to think that barging in on him was a good thing, because he was super sweet after that.

We had made the burgers and sweet potato fries together for our last third night. I couldn't believe in three days; the two weeks would be over. Eric hadn't heard the full report on the investigation just yet, which angered him. He was heated about it throughout all of dinner. I downed the last of my apple cider with a soft burp, feeling completely stuffed.

Eric raised a brow as he gulped down his beer bottle.

"Sorry," I said shyly.

"Better out than in, my mother always used to say." Eric waved me off.

After a quick wash of the dishes and tidying up the kitchen, we found ourselves in the living room like we did after each dinner. I sat on the couch and placed on the first episode of Big Bang Theory, Season two. I settled my bare feet on the couch, getting ready to watch as Eric slumped next to me. I didn't bother to make the popcorn this time.

The theme song of Big Bang Theory began to play, and Eric huffed out loud. "Let's change it up this evening. What do you say, Harper?"

I turned to him. "What do you mean?" I tilted my head. "We always watch something after dinner."

"I know, I know. But come on, I'm only here for a couple of more days." A sly smirk crossed his face. "Let's spice it up a bit, huh?"

I cleared my throat, worried about the word 'spice'. "What do you have in mind, then?" I asked cautiously, shifting in my seat.

A wicked smile hiked up Eric's face, and he stood up from the sofa. "Wait here." He said and walked to the desk near the front door. I watched as he pulled a game box and a bottle of something out, and I swallowed hard. Eric sauntered back with a grin on his face. I was afraid of what he had to propose as fun. Only one thing came to mind, and I gulped again.

He sat down and placed a big glass bottle. I looked at the golden liquid in it.

Tequila!

Oh, dear me... I blinked hard and observed Eric arrange two shot glasses. He stood up and walked to the kitchen. I glued my eyes to the Tequila bottle screaming at me. What the hell was Eric planning?

Eric returned and placed a cold bottle of water and two more shot glasses. I frowned as he looked at me with a mischievous glare.

"Alright Harper, I hope you like playing games?"

I scrunched my nose. "Yeah, sure — I enjoy playing games."

He smiled devilishly. "Good!" he said. "I hope you don't mind drinking, either?"

I sucked in a breath between my teeth. "I'm not too sure about tequila, Eric. It's work tomorrow." I hesitated.

"C'mon Harper. It's Friday tomorrow. You don't even have to go in. I'm your boss, remember?" he said. "Live a little. What's the fun in an adult game without shots?" he lifted his arms up in confusion.