Chapter 21

This chapters song-
Best Mistake - Ariana Grande

ARIANA

Despite it being late April, the weather was extremely hot, extremely... Florida.

Zayn was so tired today, and I didn't blame him because we did a lot of running and playing and swimming at the beach and the sun had just about drained all of our energy. So I wasn't all that surprised when he had asked for the day to stay in bed. I told him to take all the time he needed, because I really wanted to catch up with my best friend who I'd known since kindergarten, Ciara. She was super supportive in my choice to move to England after high school, but I knew that she wouldn't have really wanted me to leave because we've been practically inseparable since age six.

She must have been freaking out the first time that she saw that I was in a relationship with Zayn, and due to my getting a new phone with a new number, she couldn't contact me. I was planning on surprising her, and I was super excited,

"Zayn?" I asked quietly, entering the guest room, carful not to wake him if he was asleep.

"Yeah," he replied hoarsely.

"I'm going out okay? Call me if you need anything," I told him.

"Okay, go have fun," he smiled in his extremely tired state.

"Okay," I nodded, waving goodbye and quietly closing the door.

"Where are you going, Ari?" I hear a small voice behind me ask.

"I'm going to go see Ciara." I told the voice behind me, who happened to be Jade.

"Okay. Tell her I said hi," Jade giggled and waved bye.

"Will do," I laughed, saying my goodbyes to my parents and getting in the car and driving to her apartment that she'd been living in when I left.

During the short drive I had lots of time to think, and that's why I was extremely terrified when I got there, after pondering the possibilities of everything that could go wrong.

What if she hated me for leaving? Or for not having anyway to reach out to each other?

All these thoughts were still swimming through my head as I knocked on the door of my best friend who I hadn't seen in eight months, which was absolutely nothing compared to what I felt right now.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Ariana," I heard a surprised gasp. I looked up to see Ciara's surprised and happy face.

"Ariana!" She repeated this time, only louder and more excited. She jumped on me, it took me a minute but I finally reacted, and hugged my best friend back tightly.

"Ciara! I've missed you so much!" I said, wrapping my arms around her even tighter.

"Oh my god, come in!" She said as we both released.

I nodded and we both entered the apartment.

"Ariana! Tell me all about England! And maybe any boys you've met," She said, wiggling her eyebrows at the last part.

"Ciara!" I exclaimed. I guess she did have a right to be curious.

"What!" She laughed, "I'm just curious about you know the weather, the sights, the boys you've met..."

I sighed, "The whole story?"

"From the very beginning Ari." She smirked.

"Well, I was looking for a job and I couldn't find one. I honestly could not find a job and I was desperate and I have a cousin that works for Modest! Management, you know the friend that I moved down there to be closer to? Well she said there was an opening for..."

"Zayn's girlfriend." Ciara finished.

"Yeah. So I took it. I didn't know how else to earn money," I sighed.

"Hey, that's okay," she smiled, "it can't be the worst job in the world. I mean, I don't know if you've looked at him lately but he's hot."

I laughed, "yeah, but that's the problem."

"What? That he's too hot? Honestly if you ask me that's definitely not a problem. But hey, that's just me," She laughed.

"Yeah, but he's just kind of broken, you know? And I really don't want to fall for him. I was doing a pretty good job but, he's not making it easy," I said, attempting at a joke.

"Sucks. I don't think I could do that." She told me.

"Yeah, you probably wouldn't," I said, only half joking.

"Hey watch it, Grande!" She laughed, playfully punching my arm.

***

Hope you guys liked it, sorry for the long wait!