Chapter 26

This chapters song -
Why Try - Ariana Grande

ARIANA

The Asian leg of the tour had ended, and me, Sophia, and Eleanor went to the show in Thailand, and Dubai, and when the show in Dubai ended, I told Zayn, "I want to live here for the rest of my life."

He responded with a laugh, "I know where we're getting married then?"

I giggled, "yep. Dubai, on the beach."

We got on the plane and took off back to England since the boys were on a two month break.

Zayn and I decided we wouldn't do anything much, just relax at home, maybe a few appearances if we were asked.

"Did you here about Perrie," I accidentally blurted out when we had gotten home and turned on E! News. Ariana why would you say that! My common sense scolded.

He turned and looked at me with a stunned look on his face, "What?"

"You know what, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Please just forget it." Damn it Ariana.

"Wait, what happened? Did she say something to you?" He immediately asked in a concerned voice.

"Not directly," I mumbled lowly.

"What?" He prodded.

"Not directly," I said again louder, turning to face him, "Sophia, El, and I were watching E! and apparently she said she wants you back, and she isn't going to give up."

"Huh, I guess that's why she called me yesterday. Told her to lose my number though-" He started and i cut him off.

"She what?"

"She called me."

"Did you answer?"

"No, course not."

"Why not?" I pressed.

"She's the one that left me remember," Zayn said giving me a pointed look, "And also you're much better than she ever was."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," I said incredulously.

"Why? It's not a big deal. I didn't even answer, shows you just how much I care about her." He scoffed.

"Still."

"It just doesn't matter really. I'm with you now, so why does she matter? She doesn't and never will." He soothed.

"Okay, but it's more than that! She's more successful, she's more talented, she's prettier. It's already hard knowing that I have her to compete with and its not even a competition because I know that when the contract is over we'll probably never associate with each other again, but the way I guess you're leading me on? For lack of a better phrase. But I know you've said you felt things for me, but not once have you been sober, or in your right mind while doing it. It's just hard. And now she's making it harder." I finished my speech with a sigh. I couldn't believe I had just said that.

Zayn looked solemn and pained. "You believe that? You believe that she's prettier than you? That she's better in any way? That's crap."

"It's true." I whispered, mostly pissed off. I couldn't find it in me to bring myself to a conclusion as to why I was so mad at him, I just never really handled jealousy well.

He shook his head and looked down, "Really? I can't believe that you would take that stuff seriously. After everything I've said and done for you, you still believe some shitty reporter over me?"

"You and I are getting paid to do this." I said and looked away. It probably hadn't been the best thing to say.

"So? We're getting paid? So what? That's means nothing, you should know that." He said.

"Fine. You've told me that you feel things for me, genuine feelings, but you were drunk, and I need to hear it from you now. Here and now, you've had nothing to drink today so you're sober. Tell me that you feel something for me. Tell me that you're not in this for just the money." I said.

"You know what? I've told you I had feelings for you multiple times and meant it every time. You tell me that you're in it for something other than money, because I don't think that I'm the problem here, I think you're afraid." He protested.

"Of what? What could I possibly be afraid of?" I asked, trying desperately to avoid the inevitable, I really wanted this focused on him but he was making it hard.

"You're afraid of your feelings for me that are deep in there. You know they're there." He pointed out.

"You know what? If you can't say that you have feelings for me to my face one hundred percent sober then I don't know why we try." I said, almost breaking down. Keep it together.

He stayed silent. I couldn't believe that he just stood there after everything that had just happened.

"You know what call me when you get yourself figured out," He scowled and walked towards the door.

"That's it?" I remarked. "After absolutely everything we've been through, you're leaving it at that?"

He just looked at me with an unreadable expression, "You heard what I said."

He opened the door and walked out, leaving me to collapse on the floor in a crying mess.

***

Hi! Sorry, this is an important authors note!

So! I was thinking I was just going to have thirty chapters and just end it, which is what I'll most likely do, which would leave 4 chapters and an epilogue and then it would end, so let me know your opinion!

Hope you enjoyed! Xx