Chapter 12

This chapters song-
Best Mistake - Ariana Grande

ARIANA

"Hello," I called out when I walked in the door.

"Hey," I heard a whisper, so quiet it was almost inaudible.

I saw Zayn leaning against the kitchen island, holding a bottle of vodka, with blood shot eyes.

Shit.

"So," He started, his words slightly slurred to to his drunken state, "Where've you been all day? Because while you were running around having fun, I was sitting here regretting everything. Everything. Like trusting you..."

He stepped closer, "Believing myself, believing that stupid voice in the back of my head telling me you were different..."

He took another step closer. One more step and he'd practically be on top of me, "And the worst of all..."

He took another step closer so that he was right in front of me, his breath on my face, and the heavy traces of alcohol on it, "Falling in love with you."

Everything stopped.

My heart.

My breathing.

Everything stopped.

Before I knew it, Zayn was kissing me, and I was trying desperately to stop it, because Zayn was drunk and I knew he'd regret it in the morning if I let this continue and go any farther than we already were, he'd never forgive me.

"Zayn," i said, trying to push him away, and finally succeeding, "Stop. You're drunk, you aren't thinking straight, okay? You're going to regret this tomorrow I promise you."

He looked at me, I could see how much he'd had to drink, because his eyes were glazed, cheeks flushed, his speech was terrible, and he couldn't walk straight.

"Zayn, please can we just go upstairs, please. I'll put you to bed, I'll -" I was cut off by Zayn's hurt tone.

"I don't want to go to bed," He leaned in real close, close enough that I could hear his heart beat, or maybe that was just mine, blood rushing to my face and my heart thumping in my ears, "I want you. But it seems that you don't, and I guess that's just how my life works, never any luck what so ever, yeah? I thought I was in love with Perrie, but I just loved the feeling of being wanted, being needed by someone, you know? That wasn't love though. I don't know what love is. But I think... this is it."

My breath hitched in my throat. Zayn was always to honest when he was drunk or hurt, he always seemed to tell all his secrets. Right now though, he was both drunk and hurt.

When I had failed to respond to Zayn's confession, he looked at me one more time, a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite read, and walked off, upstairs into our bedroom, and I knew it wouldn't take long for him to get up here and fall asleep, hell he probably wouldn't even be able to take off his clothing and put on pajamas for Christ sake.

I sighed, and walked over to clean up the mess Zayn had made, consisting of some empty beer bottles, and a vodka bottle that Zayn had been holding when I walked in, which when Zayn had put down to hard, spilled over.

I spent about ten minutes cleaning up that mess, and when I was done, my stomach started to growl, and that's when I'd realized that, besides the popcorn and snacks that Eleanor and I had eaten at the cinema, I really hadn't had anything to eat today.

Heating up left overs that'd been hiding in the big of the fridge, I went to go sit down on the couch and eat my meal, and honestly I can't really remember much after that, but I do know that I wasn't on the couch when I woke up, I was in me and Zayn's bed, and I don't remember waking there.

Looks like Zayn wasn't to mad after all.

***
Sorry for the long wait, I had such bad writers block! The update was going to be longer, but it's really late and I wanted to update tonight, so the nest chapter is going to be longer!

Love you, M xx