Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17: LEAVING HER CRYING

Nakahanda na akong papasok sa klase, pagkalabas ko sa bahay ay agad kong nilapitan si Ate Cel na nagdidinig sa kaniyang garden sa labas ng bahay. "Hi po Ate Cel! Magandang umaga!" Pagbati ko habang kumakaway.

Tumigil siya sa pag-dinig at hinarap ako "Magandang umaga din." Sagot niya. Hindi ko ramdam ang magandang umaga, nakikita ko mukha niya na parang may gustong sabihin pero hindi niya kaya, parang na-aawa sa akin ang kaniyang mga mata.

"Bakit po, may nangyari po ba? Gising na po ba si Robin?" Sunod-sunod kong tanong.

"W-Wala siya rito," sagot niyang hindi ako magawang titigan ng matagal.

"Ganun po ba, nasaan po siya?"  Tanong ko ulit, masama na ang pakiramdam ko but I tried to stop this feelings and stay calm.

"Wala siyang sinabi eh, basta dala niya lahat ng kaniyang gamit." Sagot niya at muling bumalik sa pag dinig ng mga bulaklak.

Napahaplos ako sa sariling dibdib at hinihilot ito. Hindi, baka may pinuntahan lang siya. Ito lang ang itinatak ko sa isip. Sa ngayon utak ang tumutulong sa akin, dahil ang puso ko'y unti-unting bumibigay sa sakit dahil sa posibilidad na mangyari. Ang bilis masaktan ng puso ko eh.

Bagsak ang balika’t ulo ko habang lumapit sa pamilya ko "O anak, anong nangyari? Para kang binagsakan ng langit at lupa?" Sabay hawak ni Papa sa aking balikat.

Inangatan ko siya ng tingin "Paano po kung, iniwan na ako ni Robin…?"

"Anak huwag mong isipin 'yan, mahal na mahal ka niya..." biglang sambit ni Mama at kakatapos lang niya buksan ang tindahan kaya nilapitan niya ako.

"Pusa 'di ba positive thinking ka, kaya huwag ka ngang niga diyan, baka nag travel lang 'yon mag-isa…" singit naman ni Kuya na nasa loob ng tindahan, inilabas lang niya ang mukha sa bintana ng tindahan para ako'y masilayan.

Biglang nag message tone ang cellphone kong nasa bulsa, binasa ko ang message sa screen lock. “Meet me at our favorite place.”

Robin Constantine

I saw Maripusa looking around in the beach. At first she waited calmly, but as time went on, her tears began to fall. She was walking back and forth, people almost wondering what happened to her. I looked her here at the entrance gate, I could not enter, I can't face her.

"Excuse me," I heard from behind, I leaned over so they could get inside.  They are couples, the woman looks so pretty like Maripusa, she's wearing a simple summer dress, while the man is so innocent given me a smile.

It must an awkward if I'll stop them while they almost entered the beach "E-Excuse me sweet couples," It come out from my mouth.

They turned to me at the same time "Yes?" They answer.

"I know I'm stranger, but can you help me guys?" I asked a favor.

"Yeah sure..." the man smiled.

"Can you give this to the girl who wear school uniform inside, that's her," I showed the photo of Maripusa standing with her back turned in the middle of the sea, I captured this earlier.

They accept the picture and the man hold it. "She's your crush, Am I right?" The woman questioned.

"She's my girlfriend." I answered with smile on my lips.

"Oh, why are you hiding? Approach her. Don't tell me you have sinned against her," she wrinkled her forehead.

"It seems like that, because I'm going back to London," my smile turned upside down.

"Oh oh...we've been there, that's the hardest test for us." The man sadly stared at me.

"We are in the middle of two worlds. Unexpectedly, two worlds collided. We met, but later we will also be separated. But, when you are for each other, your world will be rebuilt." The woman replied and it makes me silent.

I looked at her "What if, the two worlds explode, cause we are not for each other. And it will just left a memories of our moments." My eyes are already wet with tears.

The man slowly touch my arm "Even painful, must be accepted." He said.

"Yeah. I don't want to hurt her," I swallowed and I feels heavy on my chest.

"You already did." The woman replied.

"Please give it to her, I need to go now." I said and their lips smiled on me and went inside.

I saw them give it to Maripusa who was standing between sea and land. She accepted it and smiled tearfully as she stared at the photo, later she read the message I wrote on the back.  After done reading it, she looked at the ocean and looked up at the sky.

It was enough for me to see her finished read it. So I slowly stepped away and got into the taxi that will take me to the airport. As we got farther and farther, I turned around at the back of the car and saw Maripusa running to catch up with me.

I did nothing but crying while staring at her shedding tears and tired of running, until she just stopped and sat on the road.

Maripusa, I love you. Thank you so much for the moments of us, and it is the best gift I received in my life. Your name marked on my hearts and my mind.