11- Attach

I decided to look at the water by the bridge. New York was fun but it had to come into a end. Cat visiting her family in France for awhile and I'm stuck her doing everyday life.

Water glistening from the moon, stars shining brighter then ever.

I place my arms on the concrete and look at the view. Last time I was here was were I almost suicide, almost.

I look to my right and at the end of the bridge I see someone standing on the edge. I quickly ran over there, they took one step forward but I stop it by dragging their jacket backwards.

"HEY!" They yelled loudly.

They turn their body, and it was Jett. "JETT?! What the hell?! You could've died! Stupid fucking idiot! What the hell did you do that?!"

He looks down and gets up off the floor. "Well why the hell not?!"

"Your too young to say bad words! Fix it!"

He scuffs, "I want to leave this world! There's nothing for me to live anymore!"

Jetts to young to think of this. "Look, I thought the same thing-,"

"You tried to kill yourself?"

I nod at him, I grabbed his hand and we sat in a bench. "Everything in my world was falling apart, and it still is but I have a support system. Slowly I'm gaining back myself but it's not easy. Eventually you can find happiness, it takes time and patience. Now tell me why you almost killed yourself?"

He look at me with his hair spiking everywhere in a mess. I could see a bruise in his cheek, I nicely touch it and he winced. "Home troubles."

"Like?"

"It's nothing. Just a miss communication."

"Well if you don't tell me, I will call the police then find out that way. You choose."

"Fine! My mom and dad are abusive, and when I think everything is fine, school is worse. I make high grades and they don't appreciate anything!" He start to cry.

Don't get attach....

I place my arm around his shoulder, his little figure fell to the side of my body. "I don't know what to do anymore." He cry's and I played with his hair.

I got attach.

"Let's go meet them."

He shakes his head and backs away from my arms. "No! They will hate me! Please! They will torture me!"

"I will bring back-up, let's go. It's not up for discussion." I got up from the bench and he looked down to the ground. "Look at me." He didn't look up so I grab his chin and pointed it to my face. "Look at me."

I ask again, this time he did, his beautiful crying eyes met mine. "I do not like to see kids get hurt, it's not right. I will help you and you can live at my house. They are wonderful people that will you enjoy. We will get through this, okay?"

He nods and hugs me unexpectedly. "Thank you." My heart felt home again, and I hugged him.

...

We make it to his house and walk to his door. I knocked on it and someone opened it with anger. Oliver stood behind me, he's the only one I trust for now.

"What?!" The lady scream. She looks at Jett and simply fake smile. "Oh hello, what bring you here at two am?"

"Hi, I was wondering if you knew him. He just adorable kid and I was wondering if I could talk to you about him his grades."

"His grades?!" She yelled but calmly goes back to her normal voice. "It's kind of late and it's his bed time, he gets cranky in the morning."

"Sure." Hearing Jett whispered that had the lady flip her head at him.

"Listen, it will be quick." I told her and she smile again.

"Oh alright." I look at Oliver and gave him a signal to watch the area.

I enter the house and she close the door, the house was a mess. Bottles everywhere. "So his grades, what about it?"

"They are prefect and I want to sent him to higher grade school for free, it's private and he will being staying in dorms and attend classes. Sort of like college but for younger kids his age."

She smiles brightly, "that is wonderful! He could go right now as I speak, just to get into his sleeping situation and everything!"

"You don't want him to pack?"

"Oh of course!" She said loudly and with pride. "Go on and pack, hurry."

She looked like she was in drugs. I felt horrible for him and I can't believe he's staying at my house. But, I fell like I'm doing the right thing, I would've done the same for Ethan.

All the way.

Jett came down with another bruise, he looked at me and I was filled with anger. His father walked down as well. "Who's the whore?!"

"Your worst nightmare." I step forward as he takes the last step of the stairs and I punched him, twice right in the chin.

I could feel Jett trying to hold me back with his tiny hands. "Sorry, his bad attitude got to me. Here's my card if you want to talk to your son. Good day." I hurried to grab Jett hands and we exit his house.

"See it wasn't that hard." He hugged me again and I chuckled.

"So do I go to school still?"

"Of course you do. Will choose the one near my house. For now, I want you to adjust to your new home. Go on and enter the car." He smiles and Oliver opened the door for him.

Oliver smiled at me and nods, "your doing the right thing." He whispered.

"I know." My hands started shaking and enter the car, seating next to Jett in the back seat.

He fell asleep in the car so I carry him up to my room, and place him in my bed. I sat in my comfortable chair and closed my eyes.

I got attach and I'm glad.

———————————

-Yeet