19-Court pt.2

POV GABBY

"Gabby on the stand please." The judge speaks and I got up with the stress ball.

Mr.white stands up and stands in the middle of the room while I sit in the stands.

"Gabby, what are your relations with Jett."

I look into his eyes, "my relation with Jett is to be a mother, to take a care of him, and give him a childhood he deserves."

Mr. White nods, "why do you think they were being abusive to him?"

"The first time I met him, he was going to take drugs but he didn't because I stop him. Second time we met was at a bridge, he was going to kill himself, I saved him that night and he saved me.-,"

"Save me? What do you mean by that?"

"I was having hard year, and when it I saw him, I saw a little boy that needed to be saved. When he told me that his parents were being abusive, I thought of an escape for him, so I made up the fake school story so he can move in with me. I gave them my phone number and they never called that one week he stayed with me."

"Did they show signs of abusiveness?" He ask and everyone was looking at me.

"There house was a mess, and we went to get his clothes, and came down with bruising in his eye from his father, and if you see Jett now, he has a bruise on his face today again." Mr. White turns and see Jett with a bruise.

White turns back with a smile, "that's all." He sat back down now it was their lawyer.

"Gabby Vañe- Valúez. Why was he shot in the arm if you were protecting him?" He ask harshly.

"Because there was a man and he was going to kill him, he broke into the house and start shooting everyone."

He hums, "why were there people there in the first place?"

"How would I know? It was unexpected. I almost had a heart attack when the guy put a gun at his face, he was ready to pull the trigger, he didn't care it was a child, he was ready to pull it. I didn't want him to die, he's a child and I waited for 12 hours to get information at the hospital to know his situation. Only to know they call his abusive parents. They didn't take care of Jett well-being, they both were drinking and taking drugs."

Everyone was shock by my action, I was ready to blow like cannon. "Why did you visit a therapist?"

Dumb bitch, how did they know that?

"Like I said, I had a hard year, and it still going but when he came into my eyesight, it all paused. He was my sun, he was the person I needed all my life. He deserve to be love and not hit, he deserve to be in my house with food to serve and not stale bread every morning, he deserve clothing and not clothes that are ripped into pieces, he deserve friends and family that will love him like they are his own. We are not blood but I love him like he was my child."

Jett smiled at me and I smiled back him.

"I-I have no question left." He walked away and sat down. I also sat back down and Mr. White told me I did great.

The judge look at Jett, "Jett sweetie, your next." He nods and sits next to the judge. "His lawyer will get first hand."

"Jett, what do you think of your parents?"

"I tried to make them proud as I can with good grades and good behavior, but nothing works. They achievements is by hitting me like a punching bag. Using all the money they have and buy drinks. So what do I think about my parents, well they are shit! Sorry Gabby, last bad word I say."

I nod at him for this time only. The judge smiled and looked back at Jett. "They don't care about me, but when I met Gabby, I found her annoying but she was only trying to help honestly and I started to like her when I stayed over at her house. We spent our time talking about the movie Nemo, and we played Mario Kart, she would get mad when I beat her, but I comfort her and say she was good, she's not good."

I laughed, " but overall, I like Gabby, she's home to me and I'm glad with everything she had gave me. I want to be with her, and eventually call her my mother."

Tears started to fall and Luis handed me a napkin, I cleared them and Jett looked so happy.

"I need 10 minutes to talk with the lawyers and I will have a answer by then." The judge said and I walk to Luis when they lawyers left.

I sit next to Luis and he immediately takes my hands because I began to shake. "Relax, relax." I felt hands on my shoulder and it was Haven trying to calm me down.

I nod my head and I rub my temples. "Mija, you need to calm down." Manny came to my side to comfort me.

"I'm trying."

"Just calm down and take deep breathes, also unexpected but there is party tomorrow you need attend."

I nod at him, "okay."

"Look if we win, I will take you to get anything you want." Luis suggested and I smirk.

"Your car?"

He laughs nervously, "no, I love you but no. Something else."

"Fine, I tried. I want coffee M&M's."

"You know some girl would've ask for a experience purses, clothing, Gucci, Louis Vuitton. You are strange."

"Or maybe, I'm not like other girls."

The boys nods and I rolled my eyes.

The lawyers came back and I stood up to go back to my seat. "I'm not sure what's her answer." Mr. White told me and my hands began to shake. "A lot of argument."

My breathing began to shake, "all alright, everyone stand for hearing." The judge announced and we all stand. "Jett please stand in the middle sweetie." Jett gets off his chair and walks to the middle.

"As we know this court meeting was to fight custody over Jett Smith, whoever I announced we'll meet me every month for a update." She paused and got off her seat to stand next to Jett, she had gave him a tight hug.

"Jett, I thought it would be right for you to choose. Go on and choose who you want be with."

"Really?" He ask her and she nods. Jett didn't take twice but ran towards me, hugging me in tears.

I even started crying and hugged him tight. "I missed you."

"I missed you too Gabby." He kissed my cheek and hug me more.

"FAMILY BACK IN BUSINESS!" Danny yelled out and Jett laughs.

I'm glad I have him back.

———————————-

-Yeet