20-Children's

I wake up and look to my left to see no one next to me, I got up quickly and ran downstairs.

"Guys! I lost Jett!" I walked inside the kitchen to see Jett talking to Cat. "Cat?!" I trampled her with hugs, it had been two weeks since I saw her.

"Yes it's me, your very favorite Cat, eat and lick."

Jett laughs and I pulled back from the hug. "Yup I totally didn't not miss your comments."

"Oh honey but you did." She kissed my cheek and gave Jeff a squeeze on the cheek. "Now, who's this sweetie no one tells me?"

"Well, it's Jett, a person I won over in court. His parents are ass and I'm not."

Cat looked at me with such daze. She backs up and her hands moves up and down. "Whoa."

"What?" I ask.

"A new Gabby, independent, bad ass Gabby. Well, I'll be damn. Jett, you have change her just a bit."

"Just a bit?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What did I change? For all I know, she sleeps like a starfish." I mouth gaped and I looked at Jett speechless.

"I do not." I said high pitch which I realize I didn't sound convinced.

"You change her, she was getting drunk and getting angry at everyone. Now she's nice again, your life is turning around Gabby. That means celebrating. Tonight?!"

"Sorry I can't, party, and I'm inviting this dude with me," I playfully hit Jett. "and Cat you can come as well. I wouldn't mind." Before she could speak, Danny walked in and Cat closed her mouth.

"Hello Jett, swim test still up to date?" Jett nods and sat at the table.

"If you can read food instructions, maybe." Jett replied him and Cat shakes her head.

"I can read.....slowly." Danny then looks at Cat, and I could feel a weird tension going on. "Hello, Cat, and boss."

"Hey, weirdos, and weirder." I replied back and looked at Cat who seemed unfazed about Danny.

"I could maybe go to the party, not sure. I think my dog is calling me." Cat hurried out the room and I raised a eyebrow.

"She doesn't have a dog."

Manny walked in and smiled at Jett, "morning everyone, morning mija." He kissed my cheek before seating down.

"Morning-,"

"Boss, we found info-,"

Alex barge in unexpected, "not in front of him, give me a few minutes." Alex nods and runs out.

"Jett sweetie, you have school in 10, Danny will take you and hope he knows his right and lefts."

Danny lifts his hand, "I tattoo them, I'll be fine." Jett looks at me with concern and I rolled my eyes.

"Do I have to? We listen to opera, let me say it again, OPERA." Danny was hurt and place a hand on his chest.

"Sorry I'm not up to date with your generation."

"Dude! Your 22. You're not up to date, you are fried in the mind. You are like Barney, looking for help from dinosaurs."

Danny flip his head at me, "take your child away from me."

"When did I become a mother of two?" I ask and Manny chuckles.

"I'm a father of like a group, nothing is wrong with that, well expect for Danny. Danny, did you get a check up on your third nipple?"

"ohhhhhhh! This is good, is it a nuby for kids? Oh! Is it a chew toy?! Does it detach?"

"Enough! Jett let's go! I'm done hearing her talk about my third nipple." He scrams away with Jett behind him.

Manny laughed and looked at me, "you couldn't resist."

"Never." I smirk and grab apple before meeting with Alex.

I enter the office and stride to my seat. Alex joined inside my office with shaky hands. I grab two glass cups and hand him liquor, he looked like he needed it. "Alright tell the news."

"The vapors gang is part of a different gang, they combine forces after the leader was taken."

I sip my drink before looking at him, "and who is the gang?" I ask and leaned into my desk.

"Snaker." I clutch the drink glass and in seconds it broke into pieces in my hands.

Snaker and Vapor, how stupid I was not to realize before. "Fucking Snaker!" I yelled out and Alex stumbled back, my hand dripping from blood but I couldn't care less.

"What has Snaker been up to? Any weird activity?"

"I heard the leader will be at the party tonight."

I grab a clean cloth, putting pressure in my hand with small cuts I had done. "Alex, tell Haven or Matt that they will being taking care of Jett tonight, I don't want him to be involved with this. Also, call the doc to come over."

"Yes boss!" He said then gets out of the office.

I grab my phone with one hand and see three missed calls from Franco, they were all from last night. I got into the voicemail and also see three voicemail from him.

Laugh, smiled, frowned, sad in someways as I hear his drunk conversation.

I missed him, I truly missed him. I missed his touch, I miss kissing him, I miss talking to him, I miss laughing with him, I miss his corny jokes, I miss everything about him.

But am I ready for a relationship again?

....

"Come on! You said I was going!" Jett complained as I was looking for a dress to wear.

"I know, but safety first, you never know what might happen, so for now just stay with uncle Matt or Haven for now."

He groans, "I was ready to party Gabby, getting my moves on." I finally pick a dress and find matching heels.

"Jett im not going to fight you on this, now go to the living room, I need to change." He huffs and walks out the room.

I quickly change and head downstairs, and seeing Jett in a suit. My anger raised as I walk to him. "What did I say?"

"You said I could go." He smiled innocently. I bend down to his height and kissed him in the cheek, even pat his head.

"You are not going."

He dropped his jaw, "what! Come on! Pleaseeeeeeee" he gives me his puppy eyes but it didn't work on me.

"Sorry hon, I said no."

"Is Luis staying with me? He promised we could swim at night."

I rolled my eyes, "of course he did, but no, he's going to."

"So he gets to go but I can't, girl. Favoritism, that's hurt, I thought you loved me." He fakes cry and I grab my purse from the couch.

Haven and Matt entered with a smile, "hey boss is time. Oliver is outside." Matt mention and I nod.

I look at Jett, "alright Jett, don't do anything stupid, because then I won't let you paint your walls."

"Yes boss" he salutes and I chuckled.

I head to the door and give Jett a last look before leaving. Only for one night.

It will be fine, he's being taken care of.

                              ——————————

-Yeet