Chapter 18

"Ready? Maybe you should get dressed a little fancier." Aaron said. "Sure. I'll be out in a minute." I said.

I got into my house and closed the door. I ran upstairs and wondered why I was getting into a fancy dress and redoing my makeup. I took about 20 minutes and then went outside. I saw that Aaron had changed into a suit and had a corsage on his tie and for me out on my hand, kind of like a prom. We had known each other for a little over 2 years by now. We went out to a fang restaurant named Flemings.

We talked and talked about things that nobody else would understand but us. We laughed and laughed, about things that others wouldn't find funny. We drove until we found ourselves at a pier. We held hands and walked out into the pier.

"Vanessa Brooke. I love you with all my heart... wait no that's not true. Im in love with you, and I love you with all my heart, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I really hope you feel the same way. Will you marry me?" Aaron said as he got down on one knee. He held out a pure diamond ring and I could feel the tears dropping down and onto my cheeks.

"Yes, Aaron Braden. YES!" I said, crying. I can't believe that just happened. We hadn't really been on that many dates considering that I just woke up from a coma. He stood up and we hugged. We rocked back and forth as we hugged. "I invested in the house your parents showed you today. I moved almost all if your things into our room. I understand it's scary to think about all of this but I will be right here with you through all of it. I'm so in love with you. but there's something I need to tell you." Aaron said.

"Yes?" I said, wiping tears off of my cheeks.

"I'm a virgin." Aaron blurted out. I started to laugh so hard I could cry. I couldn't contain myself... why was that so important? "Stop!" he yelled, pushing me. "I'm sorry, I just don't know why that was such a big deal? I mean I never would have suspected it but so what? It's fine Aaron I think that if we are getting married then you waited until the right time." I explained myself.

"Did you?" he asked. "Uh. no. I waited until I was twelve." I said "WHAT?" Aaron yelled. "Im kidding I'm kidding calm down Aaron." I continued to laugh. "I was 17." I said. "Who with?" he asked. "You don't know him. He was my boyfriend junior and senior year of high school." I explained. "Why did you break up?" He asked. "Different colleges." I said.

"Ok. Wanna go enjoy our first night at our new house? " he said. "Sure, lets go." I said.