Chapter 11

Aaron's POV

I ran out of the auditorium but it was too late... Vanessa was gone.

I ran up the stairs bc I didn't want to wait for the elevator. I knocked on the door in a panic... i knew something was up. I finally found my key in my pocket after searching in my pocket. I unlocked the door and found Vanessa, laying on the ground.

"Vanessa!" I yelled, running over to her cold, pale body and and kneeling down. I felt her pulse... it was slowing down.

I struggle to grab my phone off of the dresser... but something else.. that wasn't my phone fell off. An empty Advil bottle... it couldn't be mine right? I looked at the bottom and it was labeled "AC"... it was my bottle.

I tried again and got my phone. I dialed 911 and told them my story. They finally knocked. They took her away on a stretcher and put a mask on her. I was walking beside her and Bart stopped me. "What's going on?" he asked, panicking. "She tried to commit suicide... " I explained. "Why...? Why? Do you know why?" he asked. "Look I don't know I have to get in the ambulance i don't have time for this.. just... just meet me at the hospital...okay?" I say.

I jumped into the ambulance. I assumed that Bart got everyone into the limo and drove to the hospital but idk. I got a call on Vanessa's phone. The contact name was "Lily". Huh... wonder who that is.

(phone conversation)

A: "Hello?"
L: "Hi... um who's this?"
A: "Aaron Carpenter... who's this."
L: "This is not Aaron Carpenter?!"
A: "Look Lily... or whoever you are I don't have time for this. Me and Vanessa are in the ambulance... she tried to kill herself. I can explain to you everything when you get here.. if your coming for her."
L: "I'm in Dallas already. what hospital?"
A: "Presbyterian Hospital"
L: "Thanks... I'll be there in 20."
A: " Call me when you get here."
L: "Ok... I'm so worried Aaron...
A: "It'll be okay.... she'll be okay and so will we. I'm here for you."
L: "Got to go... I'm almost at the hospital.
( end of phone conversation).

We pulled into the hospital and I hopped out of the ambulance. Shawn ran up to me and gave me a hug. Then Jack walked in. "Nice going douche bag." he says. This was his fault.. but I wasn't going to make this about me... it was about Vanesa. They rolled her through the hospital and I ran beside.

"I'm sorry sir.... we are going to have to take her into surgery... it's too late just to pump her stomach we have to help her heart... you can't come in." One of the male nurses said.

I watched as they rolled her away as fast as they could. My world was crushed. Why couldn't it have just been me...?