Chapter 7

"Wake up, we are here." he said. "Oh, alright well thanks." I said.

We got onto the limo and I saw Jack so I went over and sat on Jack's lap. It took us 20 minutes to get there so I just sat there while everyone sang along to what they were playing .

Once we got there I walked in with everyone else waiting for Bart to tell me who I was sharing a room with. "Vanessa, your with Aaron. Room 342". he said. "Hey roomie." Aaron said as he walked over to me and Jack. Jack rolled his eyes and walked over to Jack Johnson. After he gave us the key I went up to my room on the third floor and started to unpack. I was in the room alone since Aaron wasn't upstairs yet. I felt gross from the plane ride so I decided I would take a shower. I started the shower and went outside to get some clothes to change into. I went back in and got in. It must have been like 20 minutes before Aaron showed up. I was still in the shower at the time when Aaron walked in the room. He walked into the bathroom and opened the shower curtain while I was in the shower. "AARON WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled. "Oh gosh I'm so sorry I didn't know". He said and walked out.

I finally got out of the shower, got dressed, and blew my hair dry for dinner that night. I chose my "Shawn Mendes" shirt and turquoise short shorts. I finished my hair and walked into the Jack's room. "Hey beautiful." he said as I walked in. He had a towel around his waist. "Hi." I said, blushing. I went over to him and he put his arm around me and I put my arm around his waist. We lasted down on his bed and talked for a while about the plan for the weekend. Shawn walked out of the bathroom with his hair all done and he was ready for dinner. "Love your shirt." he said, smiling.

Bart walked into the room and yelled "Ok guys, c'mon." and we all piled into the limo.

Once we got to dinner we all sat at one big table and I sat across from Jack and next too Aaron.

We all ordered and talked about Jack's new song. I don't know why, but i was so upset I just wanted to go home. But not home: hotel room home, home home.

I excused myself to the bathroom and just looked in the mirror for a while. After a little bit, Jack walked in. "Hey babe, you've been acting a little weird.... hey, are you crying?" he asked, wiping tears off of my cheeks. "I'm fine". I say, assuring him. "No your not, c'mon we'll talk later." he says leading me back to the table. "Actually, I think I wanna go.... um... to the hotel room." I say. "But... we can't." he says. "I'm sorry Jack I just I don't know." I say, starting to cry again.

"will you just tell me what's wrong so I can help Vanessa?" he asks. I started to feel really nauseas. "Jack." I start to say. "Stop Vanessa, you obviously just don't want to be here." he yells. As soon as he stopped I basically threw up all over his shoes. "What the hell?" he said, running back into the men's bathroom. (this was all in front of everyone). I ran into the girls bathroom crying. I was in there for a while.

After a while, I walked out and everyone else was in the limo except Jack. "Hey." I say, softly. "He came over and grabbed my hands. "Vanessa, I love you. And I have no idea what's wrong and that's ok because it's none of my business but whatever will make you feel better I'm willing to try." he said. "Aw you love me?" I asked. he nodded. "Jack I'm just a little homesick. I'm sorry I ruined your dinner." I said. "Vanessa, you didn't by any means ruin my dinner. I'm just glad you came with us." he said.

We got into the the limo and drove home. We got back to the hotel. Bart clapped his hands together. "Alright, so you guys have a little free time to do whatever you want before the Friday night Magcon. "Cool!" Shawn said. He is always so upbeat. "Hey, Vanessa, we are gonna go to the hotel pool for a little. Wanna come?" Aaron asked. "No, actually I think I'm just gonna go back to the room and lay down." I said. "Okay, suit yourself." he said, disappointed.

I got to the room and sat on my bed. I looked out the window and just thought for a few seconds until Aaron walked in to get changed. He grabbed a bathing suit from his drawer and say on my bed next to me, so our arms were touching. He grabbed my hand off my lap and placed it in his. "What's going on Vanessa?" he asks. "What?Nothing?What are you talking about?" I said, in a panic. "Vanessa, c'mon.... The yelling at Jack, the throwing up at dinner, staying in the bathroom the whole night.... what's up?" he asked, concerned.

"I don't know." I said to him. "Yes you do." he replied.

"Ok fine, I'm homesick okay.... you got me." I said. He turned to me so our eyes were locked and he hugged me as tight as he could. "Vanessa...." he started to say but I interrupted. "Look I know it's pathetic but when I was younger I never liked to leave home and I was doing it for Jack but I feel like he doesn't even care about me anymore." I said.

"I care about you." he said. He leaned into kiss me, but I didn't stop him. I felt his soft lips on mine. Wow, he's a really good kisser. I think to myself. When he finally stopped, he started to talk to me again. "C'mon Vanessa, let's go to the pool." he said, softly.