37

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Where am I?

What's with all that noise?

What... happened?

"Ah!! She's finally waking up!" An old man voice reached Minerva as she slowly opened her eyes and blinked to see the relieved faces of Owen and Julius.

So, I'm in the infirmary. She realized.

"I'm glad you're finally awake, Minerva." Julius smiled in relief.

Minerva grunted as she sat up with Owen trying to help, but he gets pushed back by Minerva. "Where's... Where's..?"

"GIVE HASHIRAMA BACK!!"

Suddenly everything hurts.

Minerva looked down...

Minerva's eyes widened before trying to calm herself. No. There's no way. She took a deep breath and focused on searching Hashirama's warm yet strong Chakra.

No.

No way.

Only to see not one but three huge holes on her body.

No... way...

On top of that, her injuries from before hasn't healed yet.

Minerva stared at the cold, empty eyes of Hashirama. Why?

What is this burning feeling I feel in my heart?

This isn't love.

Is this... how betrayal feels?

Is this how you felt?

"MINERVA!!!"

Anguished scream was the last thing Minerva heard before finally falling unconscious.

"I'm... sorry."

No fucking way.

"Did I... lose?"

Julius and Owen's grim faces answered her question.

Minerva wasn't a stranger to failure. She was defeated by Hashirama twice (the others doesn't count). She was also defeated by their descendant; Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha.

But that was different. Madara Uchiha wanted to re-start the Shinobi World to bring peace by eliminating the current Shinobi, but turns out she was just a puppet to that abomination and she failed.

But right now, Minerva just wanted her war buddy back. She wanted that goofy boyfriend/rival of hers back. But she STILL lost! She couldn't do something as simple as saving Hashirama.

And it hurts.

But. Minerva's eyes sharpened. Now's not the time to sulk around. I have to bring him back. She thought, even if it's the last thing I do.

"I see. Where's Asta and the others?" Minerva asked.

"Don't worry. They're doing just fine!" Owen reassured her, grinning.

Minerva sighed. "Hn (that's a relief)."

She then turned to Julius. "What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in your office? Don't tell me you're skipping again."

Julius laughed, though it was a little strained. "N-no! Not at all!" Minerva gave him an unimpressed look. Julius cleared his throat, looking serious. "I'm here for an answer."

"And that is?" Minerva has a good feeling what the question will be.

Julius stared at her in the eye, his face looking serious.

He opened his lips and questioned--

.
.
.

I'm sorry that this is too short, but I'm currently busy af.

Anyway, I hope that you guys liked this so far. And this is what Minerva's injury looks like;

 And this is what Minerva's injury looks like;

R.I.P. Edward Newgate.

You will be remembered and, you will always be one of the manliest people I have ever watched. Even your death is manly! Like Rengoku from Demon Slayer.