Chapter Eight: Home

Back to the Church in Hage, Sister Lily was just sweeping the fallen leaves on the ground, the children was helping around the house and Father was... somewhere. All in all, everything is perfectly normal and quiet. This church used to be so loud with Asta on it, but... Sister Lily frowned, missing Asta, Yuno and Minerva.

" Needs some help? " Sister Lily's eyes widened as she turned around to face the familiar voice. She could hear the children gasped in surprise and Father's shock. "I'm home."

Sister Lily's eyes watered as she smiled at the person in front of them. " Welcome home, Minerva-chan! "

And in front of them is Minerva Scarlet.

———

Hm? I sensed 4 presence entering Hage Village. Tobirama announced to Minerva, who nodded.

I sensed them too. One of them is Yuno and the other is... somewhat familiar. Minerva said before standing up and walked towards outside to see Yuno with a silver-haired noble and a Vermillion with someone familiar. Who the hell is this?

" Yo, Yuno. " Minerva called out, leaning on the door.

Yuno and his senpai, Klaus, eyes widened in surprise. " Minerva!? "

" Oh, that's right. She's here too! " Sister Lily said, smiling.

" Are you staying the night tonight? You are, right? " Father asked with crocodile tears streaming down his face.

This is a good opportunity to see whose the traitor, if one of those two are the traitor. Hiruzen said and Minerva couldn't agree more.

" Unfortunately, we're just passing by. " Klaus said after getting over his shock. "We have to hurry on our way."

" Aww.. " The children and Father grumbled, sad.

" Now, now, we don't have to be in such a hurry. " The guy, who is surely a noble, said with a smile, causing Minerva to narrow her eyes on him. Suspicious. Where did his arrogance and idiotic smile go? She thought, remembering him as the one who challenged Yuno in the Exam and lost. "We can spare an hour or so."

" But— " Klaus tried to protest.

" The noble is right. Even if you have a lot of mana, your physical body is tired. You two needs some rest." Minerva said, looking at the noble guy with an innocent (fake) smile. "Right?" The noble hurriedly nodded while sweating.

" In that case, I'll prepare some famous Hage tato dishes. " Father said and Minerva couldn't help, but raised an eyebrow at him that clearly says: Seriously? Again? "Yuno, Minerva, stay and have some food."

" That goes for all of you. Please, come in. " Sister said, gesturing at the church.

" Wow, what a splendid church. " The noble guy said and Minerva's (fake) smile widened. What a liar. She thought, following the noble guy.

" I've never seen such a tiny church. It's so cute. " Mimosa Vermillion said, causing Minerva to silently snicker and for Father to be offended.

" Tiny?! "

" It's like a playhouse. " Mimosa said, but she didn't really seemed to know that she just hurt the old man's pride.

" Wha—!? "

———

Inside the church, Minerva sat across the nobleman, wanting to observe the boy. "So, these are Hage's famous tatoes. " The nobleman said with a smile.

" I'm not sure if they'll be to your liking, Lord Salim, " Oh, so he's name is Salim. "But help yourself." Father said, gesturing at the tatoes dishes on the table.

Salim grabbed one of the round tatoes and took a bite. Minerva, who already ate, took a sip from her espresso while secretly watching his expression. He's forcing himself to eat it. She doesn't like this guy at all. Back in the Shinobi world, in Hashirama and Madara's era, they would kill to have any food, whether their dry or dirty or anything at all. If he's there, he wouldn't last a day.

" They're so dry and flaky. I've never had anything that made me so thirsty before. " Salim said, taking a sip from his cup of water. "But... it's delicious. " Father and Sister looked surprised at that while Minerva inwardly narrowed her eyes. Liar.

" Oh, thank goodness! " Father said in relief.

Salim turned to look at Sister Lily. "It would seem that you're a splendid cook, miss Lily. " He complimented her.

" I'm not all that good, really... Minerva's dishes is more good and splendid than mine." Sister said, causing everyone to look at Minerva, who gave them her best poker face unfazed by it, but in the inside... she was beaming in pride. Of course I am...! Especially Dango!

Yep! I teach you so well! Hashirama said, beaming until he got beat up by Minerva once again, who was blushing in embarrassment. Shut up!!

Yes, Hashirama Senju taught Minerva how to cook back when they were young. She threatened him not to tell anyone.

" I cook for no one, only on special occasion. " Minerva said, drinking her espresso.

"Please, eat as much as you'd like. " Father said before Minerva stood up. " Eh? Where are you going? "

" Out to catch some rats. " And then she's gone.

Suddenly, they heard screaming and grunting, and the Magic Knights stood up in alert while Salim paled. The door opened, causing the Magic Knight to tense, but relaxed when they saw Minerva dragging five cloaked beaten up people, the one that was trying to kill them before they got in here. They looked like they just went to hell and barely managed to escape.

" W-what just happened!? " Klaus shouted, shocked.

" Found the rats. Beat them up. " Minerva bluntly answered, making the people around her to sweat-dropped. " I also gained information~. " Suddenly, chains started to wrapped around Salim, who was trying to escape by the window. "Ever wonder why this noble decided to be nice around us, especially to you, Yuno. " She then looked at Salim in the eye, putting him in a genjutsu.

[ Illusion Magic: Truth Seeking ]

" It's all your fault I wasn't able to join the Magic Knights, Yuno!" Salim screamed, showing his true nature. "Who cares about your stupid four-leaf Grimoire, damn it?! I'll steal it from you!" Minerva rolled her eyes.

" Fool. The four-leaf choose Yuno for a reason, and did you just insulted the 4-leaf Grimoire that the first Magic Emperor have? What a fool. " Minerva said, which scared Salim.

" I'll get daddy to hurt you! " Salim shouted.

" I'd like to see you try. " Minerva said, bored.

" Shut up! I'll get my revenge!! " Minerva rolled her eyes.

Ah, the same threat all over again.

And then Salim told them everything, which disgusted the Magic Knights and the people around him.

After everything is over, Minerva decided to lay down on the roof of the church, sleeping. Hashirama appeared beside her, smiling at the sight of the peaceful Minerva, which is very cute to him despite who she is and was. He looked at the rising sun and embraced this moment of peace.

Madara... I hope this peace will last forever so that you and I... can live in peace.