38

"MINERVA!!!!!!!!!!"

Minerva sighed as Asta barged into the infirmary and jumped to hug her. "I.... I... I AM MINERVA!!!"

Minerva stared at him, dumbfounded. What the heck is this idiot saying?

"NO, YOU'RE NOT!" Noelle punched Asta's head.

"What are you two lovebirds doing here?" Minerva smirked as Noelle blushed while the oblivious brat blinked in confusion.

"WH-WH-WHAT!?!? I-I'M ROYALTY!" Noelle shouted while blushing before scoffing to hide her obvious feelings for a certain simpleton.

Minerva shook her head before looking at the doorway to see Yami. "Yo." He greeted her with a wave.

"Oh? So even Yami-san paused his... business to come visit me." Minerva said, amused. "I feel so love that it disgust me~." She said with a smile on her face.

Yami clicked his tongue. "I change my mind! I'm going back!" He was about to call his personal taxi, but was temporarily stopped by Minerva.

"Arigatou, Captain."

Yami's eyes widened as he was stunned for a few seconds before smirking. "Take care." And he was gone.

She finally called him 'Captain'! Asta and Noelle thought, shocked.

Asta stared at his surrogate older sister. He could see that she was changing. He remembered how intimidating and hard to approach Minerva was back when they were kids.

She nearly killed us when we get way too close to her. Asta thought. But now, she's falling in love with that awesome guy! And she's showing more emotions and allowing others to get close to her!

He beamed in happiness and pride. My older sister is growing up!!

Dude. She's way older than she look, and she's nearly a hundred years old!

(Probably idk)

"So, why are you guys really here?" Asta was forcibly taken away from his thoughts when Minerva spoke. "There's a new mission, isn't it?"

Asta nodded, excited. "YEAH!! WE'RE GOING TO THE OCEAN TO---" He was cut off when Minerva quickly grabbed his face to stop him. "Hmn!?!?"

Noelle gasped and was about to scream at Minerva, but the legendary Shinobi glared at her so intimidatingly that it immediately shut her up.

"So you're saying that we're going to the ocean for vacation?" Minerva scoffed. "I can't believe we're wasting our precious time for this." She quitely gestured for them to pick another topic.

Asta was confused, but Noelle immediately understood. This really showed who is the brain in their future relationship.

"Ah! Minerva-san have you ever been to a spa? I heard that it was extremely wonderful and relaxing! Can we go there!? Oh and there's also a new magic wand that caught my attention, can we also go there?"

Minerva smiled. "Sure."

After Minerva said that, the uninvited presence that she felt since Asta and Noelle came disappeared.

It's probably that guy with the Teleportation Magic.

Minerva didn't allow herself to relax. Just because the spy is gone, doesn't mean they won't attack them with their guard down.

One of the wonderful perks of being a Shinobi is to be always be on guard, even if you are with your ally.

After all, you won't know if your ally suddenly wanted to betray you until you learned it the hard way.

Well, that 'hard way" won't happen when they die.

Asta was about to open his mouth to continue sharing the details of their mission.

But it looks like Minerva already knew, judging by the look on her face.

THE MAGIC EMPEROR MUST'VE INFORMED HER!! Asta's eyes glowed in admiration.

Noelle sighed at Asta before telling Minerva the third reason why they're here.

"Also, we already caught the traitor."

Minerva's eyes narrowed and, to their surprise, she was immediately at the hallway and she's already dressed up.

"W-WAIT!!! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!!?" Asta yelled.

"To where the traitor is located."

And without any sound, Minerva disappeared.

"WHY DOES SHE KEEP DISAPPEARING ON US!?!?" Asta shouted in frustration.

"💢URUSAI!!" Noelle shouted at him and smack his head.

"THAT HURTS!"

"YOU'LL BE FINE! AND DON'T SHOUT AT ME, I'M ROYALTY!!"

"WHAT'S THAT GOTTA DO WITH THIS!?!?"

"WILL YOU TWO LOVEBIRDS SHUT UP AND TAKE YOUR ARGUING SOMEWHERE ELSE!!?" A doctor should at them with annoyance in her face.

She grumbled as she walked towards her patient's room. "Young love. Tch." She scoffed.

The silence was so awkward and unbearable between the two blushing kids.

You could hear the birds chirping and the wind.

They come back to the Black Bull with a blushing Noelle and a red handprint on Asta's cheeks.

"Stupid, bakasta." Noelle hmphed before rushing towards her room.

Poor Asta looked so confused.

What did I do???

.
.
.

I sincerely hope that you like this chapter.