Insomnia

ALEX.

Completely confused about what had just happened, Alex quickly returned to Gryffindor tower to hide in her bedroom. She had no idea what just happened and why she returned Sirius's kiss. It was stupid she ought to know better. At least now she knew why every girl fell to Black's feet like complete idiot.

Only when she entered the bedroom she felt safe. Alex got in bed and stared at crimson bed ceilings. She tried to understand why she acted like that. Yes, Sirius was good looking and he was not stupid, but all that sleeping around with girls made him very unattractive. She was completely aware that she had a crush on him like the next person, who had some good pair of eyes in their head. Also she was completely aware that becoming one of many in Sirius's list was no good at all. That is why she had pushed all her childish feelings and crushes deep down a long time ago.

She tried as hard as she could to understand why tonight she kissed him back. Alex could not come to a logical explanation. Was it really just some stupid teenager's hormones? Could it be that? Couple excruciating hours later, she could not think of anything better and finally fell asleep.

As usual, Alex woke up first of the girls in the bedroom. She slowly got ready for the day, there was no rush, and there was plenty of time until breakfast.

"Came back late again?" she heard Lily's question. She was still in bed and watched Alex, who was already ready to go down to the Great Hall.

"Yeah, couldn't sleep," Alex said simply. "You know me," Lily was already used to Alex's absence at nights, because she knew about her insomnia. That is why she did not probe any further.

"Don't wait for me, I'll see you down at breakfast," Lily got out of the bed and started to look for her robes. Alex just smiled and headed out of the room.

It was early; barely half of the students was in the Great Hall. Alex slowly sipped her coffee and ate some sandwiches. All the food in Hogwarts was so good and tasty, but probably it was because anyone could find something that tickled their taste buds the right way.

"Good morning," Sirius's cheerful greeting caught Alex off guard. She looked around and realized that Sirius was alone without the rest of Marauders (Remus once had told her about their nicknames, knowing that she could keep a secret). Sirius sat across of Alex and grabbed a plate full of pancakes.

"Morning," Alex answered him very sweetly (too sweetly), she smiled and returned to her breakfast without even trying to keep up the conversation. Sirius was very disappointed.

Sirius looked at Alex for a couple of minutes, she did not even looked at him, and she just smiled to herself and looked across the Hall.

Finally, he broke the silence and spoke: "Can you please explain to me what happened last night?"

"Was I mistaken for thinking that you are not complete fool?" Alex looked straight into Sirius's eyes, in which she could not find any imperfection. They were beautiful, and she cursed herself for thinking that. "Because I thought that you know what a kiss is. Sorry Black, but I thought much higher of you, because now you are looking at me like I just told you that grass is in some other color not green."

Sirius stopped chewing pancakes and tried to figure out what just happened. There once again was silence between them, looked like Alex is already thinking about something else almost like what she said was nothing special. Sirius tried to breathe in and almost choked on pancakes.

"It takes two to tango, so why did you kissed me back?" after quick chewing session Sirius asked.

"Apparently I wanted to kiss you Sirius Black," she said it so simply looking somewhere over his shoulder. This started to irritate Sirius. She just stated the fact, just like that.