Rock Bottom

ALEX.

Nobody liked Monday mornings, that's why Alex and Lily ate their breakfast in silence. The Marauders, who were seated nearby, were also untypically quiet. Alex glanced at Sirius, which ate his breakfast very unenthusiastically and stared at his juice glass.

Alex remembered what had happened in the passageway and bit her lip; it was too bittersweet. She blamed firewhiskey but she couldn't denied that neither she nor Sirius wanted for it to stop. Alex shook her head; she couldn't think that kind of thoughts.

Yesterday evening Sirius apologized for kissing her, he stated that that was out of line from his part. Alex knew that he was disappointed in himself, but she would never expected an apology. Sirius Black himself apologized to a girl; it was something so unreal.

Alex caught herself realizing that Sirius surprised her more and more every day, and for some reason she didn't like that.

"Miss Watson," in this quite Monday morning Professor's McGonagall's voice was like a lightning strike from clear sky, it startled everyone; Lily almost spilled her juice. However, everyone including Marauders looked first at Alex and then at professor. "Professor Dumbledore wants to see you in his office, please follow me," Alex did not know what had happened; she couldn't think of anything she might have done wrong to be summoned to headmasters office.

Alex looked around, Marauders was staring at her with their mouths open and Lily was confused, Alex just shrugged her shoulders like saying that she had no clue either of what was happening, then she stood up and followed professor McGonagall out of the Great Hall.

*

Professor Dumbledore sat by his table and read a letter, he looked concerned, he motioned with his hand for Alex to sit down, but professor McGonagall stood beside him. Alex still did not understood why she was here, and that made her nervous.

"Miss Watson you apparently have no idea why you are here," Dumbledore said very calmly, he rested his arms on the table and put together his fingertips. Alex just nodded but said nothing.

"Unfortunately the best way to hear a bad news is to hear then at once," for a moment Alex glanced at professor McGonagall who looked very concerned and then she looked back at Dumbledore. "That's why I will not let you wait longer, I am so sorry to tell to you that your aunt Radella died yesterday."

Alex inhaled sharply, she looked in disbelief at McGonagall and Dumbledore, but it didn't seemed like they were joking. It would be the worst joke to play on someone. She felt the tears pilling up in her eyes, but she bit her lip trying not to cry, because she did not wanted to do that in front of her professors.

Only person from her family who accepted her was dead now. She couldn't believe that, it felt like the most terrible nightmare, she wanted to wake up. Aunt Radella was dead and now Alex was completely alone. There was no one, which Alex loved more deeply and truly than her aunt.

Alex thought that she was breathing ice cold air, because she had a feeling like someone was stabbing her chests with piercing sharp knife, she thought that someone was trying to kill her. Then she realized that it was sorrow, and it didn't felt like it would ever go away. Alex tried to listen what professor McGonagall was saying so that she would not have to think about her icy cold and painful chests.

"You are relieved from classes and all other school work for this week," McGonagall politely told her, "but if you require more time it is possible that other professors would understand because you are one of the top students in our year." Alex did not care about school at all right now; she wouldn't even care if they expelled her right here on the spot, because only person in her life that meant for her the world was dead.