Bad News

ALEX.

They all had apparated to the Order's headquarters and now they sat by the kitchen table and waited for Dumbledore to finish his conversation with Alastor Moody. They wanted to know why there was an emergency meeting. Alex looked at all the Order members; all looked worried, they whispered among themselves feverishly.

Noah walked through the doors, Alex tried to catch his eyes, but he just walked straight to Moody and spoke to him. They looked worried; Alex had never seen Noah so nervous.

She continued to look at Noah, now he spoke to both of them – Moody and Dumbledore, one of them shook their head or nodded time to time. Then Noah slapped Moody on his back and went to sit down in the chair by the door. He looked tired.

Noah looked up and looked at Alex, he smiled weakly and then hid his face in his palms. Alex knew that he thought about what had happened today, that none of them knew yet, his mind was full of thoughts about his work, and he really looked bloody tired.

Alex continued to look at Noah, but her thoughts returned to her and Sirius's today's conversation, suddenly she raised her eyebrow and slightly opened her mouth. She had just realized that it was so easy to tell Sirius, that she loved Noah. She remembered that she couldn't even spoke the words, when Noah asked her if she loved Sirius.

She hid her face in her arms, as Noah did just a moment ago, and leaned in her chair. This was not the moment to think about her love life. But Sirius's words echoed in her mind – You have to choose between the both of us. Like it was so simple.

And she remembered how she achieved a revelation when she was talking to Sirius, and she wasn't ready for that, it took her by surprise. Megan had suffered for years, Sirius had broken her heart countless times, but still she returned to him. Alex had never thought that she needed to fight for Sirius, she had just assumed that she needed to apologize and he would take her back, but, oh my, how wrong she was.

Alex always had thought that she was the one who had suffered the most in their relationship, but it was Sirius, his heart was broken not Alex's. Yes, it was Alex who had been tortured, but it was just some side thing that happened, and it changed very little in their relationship. And Alex hadn't realized it sooner.

But Sirius... he had changed. It almost felt like he did not wanted to fight for her anymore, well not fully at least. He just wanted to wait for her to choose. Something was way off. Alex shook her head – this was not the time or place to think about this.

Alex looked at her friends. Lily and James sat across from her, they also looked worried, James held Lily's hand as if he tried to say to her that everything's going to be fine. Sirius sat next to Remus, both of them looked agitated, but it was clear that they were ready to act if it would be necessary.

Alex leaned to Remus who sat next to her. "Where is Peter?"

"He went to visit his mom, she is sick a lot lately, we don't expect for him to come this evening," Remus whispered to her.

Alex continued to watch people in the room. Two elderly wizards, which Alex did not know, discussed something in silent voices. Couple of wizards entered the room, and Dumbledore clapped his hands, silence fell over the room.

"Thank you all for coming," Dumbledore began, "unfortunately I have to announce that today in afternoon there was an attack on Diagon Alley, couple of shops where attacked and also there were some casualties." There was still silence in the room, everyone waited for more information.

"There were four Dark Marks over the Diagon Alley," he continued, "twelve people were murdered, four witches and eight wizards." Until now, it was the biggest attack executed by the Death Eaters, and it was done in bright daylight. Alex was shocked and she was not the only one.