Bruises

SIRIUS.

He turned just in time to see chocolate brown hair waving before him, before he felt how he had been pushed up the wall with brute strength. Sirius felt a wand poking hard upwards right under his chin, now he was forced to look up. He glanced at Remus, which stood slightly further and smirked.

"Give me one good reason for not killing you right here and right now, Black!?"

Sirius sighed and smiled a little, how he had missed this beautiful voice and its owner. He had his own wand in his hand, but he chose not to use it to get away from this situation. Sirius felt her hand on his chest, she held him pushed against the wall. Wand poked even more under his chin.

"I can give you not one but two reasons not to kill me, Watson," Sirius said while faint smile played on his lips. "One, I'm innocent, two, I still love you."

But her wand still painfully poked in his throat and he still couldn't look down to see her face expression. Oh, man, how he wanted to look in those beautiful honey brown eyes.

"Liar," she said in a strict voice, her wand still at his throat.

"Actually," Remus spoke way too casually, "he is telling the truth. Well, at least about the first part, about the second I have no idea."

Sirius frowned at his friend. Still he could not look down at her.

"It was Peter who betrayed James and Lily," Sirius simply explained.

"Liar," she repeated once again, "Peter is dead, you killed him yourself."

"Peter is alive," Remus explained. Sirius felt how Alex's hand twitched a little, her wand a little gentler against his neck. "We found out the truth year ago, but unfortunately he managed to escape once again, that's way nobody can prove anything officially."

"I don't believe it," Alex's voice fully laced with disbelief.

"If you don't believe it, you can ask all these questions to Harry, because he was there and he knows everything," Remus explained, "And I don't think that he has any reason to lie to you."

Alex stepped back. And finally, finally he could look at her. Oh, Merlin how have he missed her. Even now Alex's eyes, with flying lightning towards him, was the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen.

"Can someone explain something more?!" Alex looked between Remus and Sirius. She was confused, and it was understandable.

"Peter was made the Secret Keeper, not me," Sirius said, not looking away from Alex. "I thought that it would be the safest bet, that's why I convinced James and Lily to change plans at the last minute, and nobody knew anything about that."

Alex laughed shortly and shook her head.

"At that moment nobody knew that Peter was a Death Eater. Not even week came around when he had betrayed James and Lily," Sirius continued to explain. "I was the only one left who knew what truly had happened, and Peter turned everything towards me. It was he who blew up all those muggles, but I was thrown in Azkaban, because every evidence pointed to my guilt."

Alex looked at Remus, as in a plea for some kind of a support.

"All of it is true," he said.

"But Moody was at the explosion place, he told me everything..." Alex slowly shook her head in disbelief, her voice almost shaking. "He said that you have laughed about what had happened, about what you have done, that you betrayed James and Lily, and everybody believed that you were the traitor..."

Silence thick as a mist fell between them; nobody knew what to say now. Sirius ran a hand through his hair, trying to figure out, how to better explain everything to Alex.