Confession

ALEX.

Alex sat on the stone balustrade in her yard and watched how sun rose. It was quite cold outside and she felt how her body slowly started to shiver from coldness. This was another amazing holiday, but still she felt low-spirited.

Alex knew that she had to tell Sirius that she was a werewolf. It just killed her physically and mentally. She hadn't slept at all, she had to do something.

"Have you slept tonight?" Alex hadn't noticed that Sirius had emerged from the house.

"No," she answered looking at him, "couldn't fall asleep."

Sirius came to her and hugged her, she breathed in his smell and realized that she has to tell him now, she couldn't wait any longer.

"Come, let's go inside," he helped her to get down from balustrade and took her by the hand, "you are freezing."

"Sirius," Alex spoke when he had managed to take few steps towards the mansion, "I have to tell you something." And then she released their joined hands.

Sirius came to abrupt halt, he turned around and looked into Alex's honey brown eyes. He didn't speak, he just stood there and looked at her. It seemed like he was not even surprised that Alex wanted to tell him something.

"I am a werewolf," Alex said it in one breath, because she was scared that otherwise she wouldn't master up a courage to say that.

Expression on Sirius's face did not change a bit; Alex was stunned. Suddenly she was not sure that he even heard what she had said, or maybe she hadn't been clear enough.

"Did you heard what I just said?" she asked insecurely.

"Yes, I did," Sirius answered still without changing his expression, it didn't said much, it was just normal. They stood there in silence; Alex did not knew what to do, so she just waited. "I knew that," finally Sirius spoke, "and it doesn't matter because I love you."

Alex started to step back slowly until the stone balustrade stopped her. Sirius knew – how the hell?!

"You knew," she whispered almost without sound. "No, but how... not Remus..." Alex's heart almost stopped beating, was it really possible that Remus had betrayed her trust, it couldn't be. But better explanation Alex couldn't master up in her brain at the moment.

"No, Remus didn't tell me," Sirius said calmly, he made few steps towards Alex, but she wanted to keep her distance from him, and she stepped sideways not allowing him to touch her.

"How did you find out?" Alex continued to ask still almost without a sound.

"I found a letter from your family in our bedroom; I believe that you gave it to Remus..." Sirius explained.

Alex had not a clue what he was talking about; she could not remember that she had given a letter to Remus. Shit, that time by the lake, but it was ages ago.

"How long did you know?" Alex finally fully looked into Sirius's eyes.

"Since Christmas," Sirius answered, that meant – all the time they were together.

And only then Alex's brain let her process the second part of Sirius's previous sentence, the one where he said that he loved her. Sirius loved Alex and now she knew. Sirius loved Alex and he did not care that she was a werewolf.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alex asked in a little bit louder voice.

"Because that I was scared that you will turn everything upside down and declare that we cannot be together just because you are a werewolf," Sirius's words and tone of his voice was so true that it shocked Alex. "But it doesn't matter," he added.