Chapter 13- Many Old Friends

Several weeks went by in Rivendell. Frodo recovered quite fast thanks to Lord Elrond, even though Gandalf had commented quietly saying he didn't think the wound would ever fully heal.

Noelle was pretty bored the majority of the time, and spent a lot of time trying to find things to do. Again, the library wasn't much of an option, as everything was in Elvish.

Thankfully the "visions" hadn't come back ever since Weathertop. Noelle had spent little time meditating on it, as she was a bit hesitant to relive her past.

One morning though, a couple of weeks after they had arrived in Rivendell, Noelle was leaning over the balcony of her room. The view was incredible. The trees. The waterfalls. The multi-colored forestry.

It was easy to get lost in the Force when she felt calm like this. Noelle closed her eyes and let her mind wander.

~~~~~~

Home. Earth. It was a world she had missed for so long. Almost four years now she had been gone. Ever since that fateful day when Gandalf has asked her to come on that unexpected journey. Then she had discovered how to use her powers more fully and had made the decision to spend her life using them for the good of others.

She was transported by Gandalf to a faraway galaxy where she had trained with Jedi, fought wars, and dueled a Sith Lord. But she had discovered that the Jedi's perception of the Force was skewed and that certain people were keeping the truth about the Force from her. In addition, they had sacrificed the values they held dear to serve a corrupt Chancellor.

By the time Noelle had wanted to leave the Jedi, it was too late. And now the ghost of her past was coming back.

~~~~~~

Noelle opened her eyes. After this was over, making the decision on what to do next was going to be difficult. She couldn't go back to either Earth or the galaxy far far away, but Middle-earth wasn't exactly a place she fit into either.

She sighed, and pulled away from the balcony.

Wait a minute!

Noelle whipped around.

Was that-?

She raced back over to the balcony and peered down. Her view covered all the way to the gates of Rivendell, where a group of people were coming in. She saw some Elves, but a certain blonde one caught her attention.

That couldn't be... Is that Legolas?

Noelle hadn't seen Legolas in years. Technically sixty in Middle-earth years. When she was traveling with the dwarves through Mirkwood, they had been captured by Legolas and his elves. Somehow, (Noelle still didn't know how she had managed this) but she had convinced Legolas to help them escape the dungeons with Bilbo's help of course.

Noelle figured there was only one way to know if it was Legolas. Go down and look. Gathering the skirts of her dress , she ran as quickly as she could down to front gate.

When she got down there, the blonde elf was still taking in his surroundings. Noelle strained to get a closer look.

Was that Legolas? It certainly looked like him. She was still a ways off, and he hadn't seemed to notice her yet. Noelle plucked up her courage and spoke.

"Legolas?"

The blonde elf turned away from his horse to face her.

It was Legolas. It was definitely him. He looked... different, but in a good way. Almost younger.

"Noelle?"

Noelle smiled. She was surprised he remembered her. She wasn't sure he would.

"Yeah, it's me!" Noelle said, coming closer.