Chapter 21- Breaking of the Fellowship

Noelle drew her sword, Legolas his bow, and Gimli gripped his axe, as they slowly followed the trail of orc tracks uphill through the woods. There was definitely more than one Orc. The tracks were unnaturally huge.

"Uruk-hai," said Legolas. "Saruman's filthy breed." The contempt and disgust in his voice was obvious.

Suddenly Noelle heard a clang. Her head jerked back to Legolas and Gimli. "You hear that?" she asked with a frown.

"Yes," said Legolas. "Up the hill!"

The three of them raced uphill where a group of one hundred orcs were fighting Aragorn on ancient ruins of some structure. Being the expert swordsman that he was, Aragorn was holding his ground, but the orcs definitely had the advantage.

"Where's Frodo?" Noelle screamed at him, as she clashed blades with a six foot tall orc. Noelle had never seen any kind this big and strong before.

"He's gone! I let him go."

Let him go?

"Aragorn, go!" Legolas shouted. He shot an arrow into two orcs at once.

Aragorn tried to make his way out of the stone ruins, but couldn't even get past them.

This new breed of orcs was too strong for Noelle to physically fight, not that she was a bodybuilder or anything to begin with, but training with a sword for years had given her enough muscle to at least hold her own against them.

She Force-pushed a big one away from her and his body slammed into one of the stone pillars. Gimli impaled it with his axe before Noelle could finish him off.

"Thanks!" she called.

"Anytime lass!"

"I wish I had my lightsaber," Noelle grunted between clenched teeth in frustration. That would make things a lot easier.

"Your what?" Legolas called. Of course he had heard that.

Or at least another sword.

She ducked an Uruk-hai's blade, and slashed him in the side. He howled, staggering down to his right a little bit. Before he could recover and try and strike another blow, Noelle held him down with the Force, and stabbed him in the chest.

Legolas pulled out his two white knives, realizing that a bow and arrow wouldn't work so well close-range.

An orc with two swords came charging at Noelle about to bring them down on her head. Raising her sword in a horizontal position, Noelle blocked the blow, but the Uruk hai moved his right sword trying to strike at her arm. Without thinking, Noelle threw out her left hand to defend herself, the blade slicing her palm. Holding down a cry of pain, Noelle lifted three of her fingers on the other hand to Force-push the orc away from her.

The orc grunted, falling to the ground, and Noelle stabbed him in the stomach. She huffed, pushing the hair out of her face. She probably should have tied it back, but she almost always wore it down.

She glanced down at her left palm, and her eyes widened. The cut was pretty bad. If she were back home, she would say she needed stitches. But there wasn't time to patch it up now, as she sensed another orc coming at her head. Noelle raised her blade to defend herself before she saw an arrow in its brain.

Legolas.

He had pulled out his bow again, and was picking off the remainder of the orcs left on the top of the hill.

Aragorn was in the corner, wrestling with an orc behind a tree. Noelle was about to go help him before one came running at her. Reacting quicker than she had meant to, she picked him up with the Force and held him in midair. Legolas' arrow went flying through him and he stopped moving. Noelle dropped him.