1: cuts and teasing

Everleigh

"Alright, class! Today we have a new student!" Mrs

"Alright, class! Today we have a new student!" Mrs. Smith clasped her hands together. The class's chatter slowly piped down to absolute silence so they could concentrate on the kid standing near our teacher. He was trying to hide behind her, but he was already so tall that it was easy to spot him.

"Everyone... this is Sasha! He came here from Russia, and he's going to be joining us in class for the rest of the year," she explained.

Russia. I knew I was going to travel the world someday, and Russia was one of the places I told myself I would visit. From what I gathered in research, it was a beautiful place filled with beautiful people. As I gazed at Sasha, I truly believed my research wasn't a lie. He was beautiful.

The class barked out in laughter. My shoulders fell as I looked over at everyone. They were whispering and chuckling like they just heard the most funniest thing.

Logan who held that mischievous smirk on his face as he yelled, "Sasha is a girl name! How lame!"

"Logan! Wait for me outside of the classroom, now! I will be contacting your legal guardian," Mrs. Smith demanded. "As for the rest of you, if I catch you laughing, I will be contacting your parents as well."

With her threatening tone, the rest of the class quickly stopped laughing.

Mrs. Smith whispered something to Sasha, and his eyes surfed the room before landing on me. I sent him a small, reassuring smile, letting him know that he wasn't alone.

Sasha made his way toward me, and I couldn't explain why my heart was beating so fast.

As he neared, I could see his gray eyes peering into my brown ones. When he got to my desk, he held out his hand for me. I broke away from his gaze to his outstretched hand.

"Hi, my name Sasha," he said, his accent thick. It was almost hard to understand him.

"Everleigh. You can sit beside me if you would like." I smiled, pointing at the empty desk right next to me. His brows furrowed as he followed my finger.

I sighed. It must've been tough having to change countries. I was almost sure he hardly spoke English which must be even harder. It didn't matter, though, I would help him. Even if he didn't want me to, I promised myself to be his friend.

I pointed at the chair again. "Sit," I repeated softly.

His long, lanky legs moved over to the seat before he sat down. He turned to me, his brows rose and I quickly shot him a thumbs up.

"I'll be right back," Mrs. Smith said before walking over to the door. "Logan, come outside."

Logan let out a loud groan before reluctantly walking out of the class followed by Mrs. Smith. The moment they were gone, everyone started to snicker and whisper again.

"Sasha and Everleigh sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First, comes love. Then, comes marriage. Then, comes the baby in the baby carriage," Mia sang from the seat behind me. Mia was the one girl I truly despised. It was like she always had it out for me, and I couldn't understand why. From the moment I met her in kindergarten, she and Logan made it their mission to hate me.

"Shut it, Mia!" I exclaimed, turning around to look at her. She had her brown hair braided down her back and a pink headband pushing the flyaways back.

"Or what?" Mia questioned.

I could feel Sasha's eyes on me. I glanced over at him, but just as I did, Mia grabbed a pair of scissors from her desk and snipped off a piece of my hair. I watched as a curl fell onto her desk. She didn't cut off much, but it still hurt that she would even consider doing something so low.

"Oops! That was totally an accident, I swear," Mia said, feigning innocence. I grasped the piece of my ponytail that she cut off with a frown. Observing how much shorter it was now.

"Бить ее задницу (beat her ass)," Sasha said. I turned to him again, only this time, I made sure I was as far away from Mia as I could be.

Mia laughed. "Really? Your boyfriend doesn't even know how to speak? He's stupid."

"English isn't the only language that exists, Mia. You're the stupid one," I told her just as the door squealed once the teacher walked back in with Logan following behind her. He looked like he had just finished crying as his eyes were stained red and his face was pink.

Mia quickly dusted my hair off her desk as she sat up in her chair with a big smile on her face.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith!" Mia chirped.

"Hi, Mia," she responded.

Everything in me said to raise my hand and tell Mrs. Smith what Mia had just done, but I held it back. It wasn't the only time she did something like that to me, and every time I spoke up about it, she always managed to come off as the angel who did it by an 'accident.' It was useless.

Sasha was staring at me again. I could feel it. I didn't bother to look at him, though. I just reached down into my backpack and pulled out my writing journal. Forcing myself to scribble away all of my anger onto paper.

 Forcing myself to scribble away all of my anger onto paper

STORY COMING SOON!
--let me know your thoughts--