17 : emotions and judgment

—Kayo

(unedited so please comment mistakes)

I watched her as she walked away from me in her sexy ass yellow dress. Her brown legs looking as long as ever, just begging to be wrapped around me. Every man in the room stopped and stared at her big round ass that jiggled with her every move, and it pissed me off that she would even think about coming to such a place—especially dressed like that.

Everyone in the room believed she was now my girl thanks to Kyle. Little did she know, it put a gigantic target on her back. Anyone desperately craving revenge would go after her, and she had no clue how many enemies I made.

Her friends joined her. Three males, and the girl I recognized from the club. I didn't like how one of them stood too close to her, but I knew it wasn't my place to say anything. The second they made it out of the arena, I turned to where I could feel eyes glaring at me—Kyle.

He was in the corner of the room, watching me watch her. I couldn't wait to fight him and I was sure the tm were mutual based on the way he held my stare. I didn't like the way he held Everleigh, whispering in her ear. He looked at her like a trophy—a prize—he planned on winning. Even if she wasn't, she was every bit of mine and I was guaranteed to make it known. He couldn't have her because I would never allow him to... even through death.

My attention was grasped by the sight of the door opening. Walking in was my little brother and two of his friends. One was actually a fighter I seen once before my own fight... he always looked scared to take a punch. The other friend was someone I didn't recognize, but his face was covering in piercings from his eyebrows to his lips. Dimitri had a smile on his face up until he saw me. His friends are probably the idiots that introduced him to the club.

I never wanted my brothers to know about the underground arena. My duty was to protect them from all the dark shit so they never have to know what it's like to fight for their lives. It was a slap in the face to see my younger brother standing beside his friends in the one place I never wanted to see him at.

"Dimitri," I called, walking over to him. As I stood in front of him, I noticed how much taller he got. Now, he stood just below my neck which was pretty tall for his age. He couldn't be any taller than 6-foot.

"You know Kayo?" one of his friends whispered, but it clearly wasn't quiet enough because I heard every word. I mentally cringed at my nickname falling from his mouth.

"Find us a seat I'll be there in a sec," Dimitri told them. They sparred one last glance at me before walking off in the opposite direction.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked my little brother. He had a smug look on his face as he looked me up and down, taking in the blood I still had me from my last fight.