27 : shifts and attitudes

— Everleigh

It didn't take a genius to notice the shift in Sasha's mood

It didn't take a genius to notice the shift in Sasha's mood. He went from being so playful to serious in just the snap of a finger. I followed his gaze over to the most beautiful woman and man I had ever seen. Emilia thought that we were a beautiful 'couple,' but she'd be in awe if she saw them.

Their aura shed power with ease. I almost wanted to straighten my posture just at the sight of them. I quickly stood up, getting ready to move to the other side with Sasha, since I presumed they'd be joining us.

"Oh, no, please, stay seated. I'll just sit next to you," the woman said. She had the most vibrant ginger hair with eyes such a dark blue that they looked purple. Not to mention, her emerald green dress only made her stand out more.

We looked like idiots with my big shirt and his crop top compared to them. Sasha failed to inform me that not only would we be attending some fancy restaurant but two very seemingly important people would be joining us. Now, I really felt like an outcast. It was already bad enough that every single person in the restaurant stared at us with such distaste as we walked in.

I slowly sat down, secretly narrowing my eyes at Sasha as I did. He didn't bother looking at me, all he did was stare straight ahead like some cold soldier preparing for war. He was ice cold, and I never thought I'd witness it. The host pulled out a chair for the woman just as the man sat down beside Sasha.

"Hello, I'm Madeline." She smiled, holding out her hand for me to shake. I slipped my hand into her own only to realize just how soft it felt.

"Everleigh." I returned.

"Nice to meet you, Everleigh. This is my husband, Ángel Siciliano. He goes by Siciliano, but don't worry, you can call him Ángel," she introduced me. Ángel held out his hand for my shake, so I placed my hand in his where he brought my hand up to his lips and planted a kiss on my knuckles.

I glanced at his wife nervously only to catch her reassuring smile.

"We're Italian. We love physical touch. You'll learn as you're around us more," she told me. I had to refrain from expressing how I was very much against that idea. I didn't know them, and if there was one thing I hated, it was hanging around new people—especially really rich people—it always made me feel out of place. And I could tell that they were rich based on the way she just smelled like money. She had a huge diamond wedding band on her ring finger and a beautiful diamond necklace with a pair of matching earrings. Not to mention her very rare Birkin bag placed on the table, along with her Jimmy Choo heels.

"Great." I laughed nervously, glancing at Sasha.

"You're probably wondering who we are and why we're here..." Ángel began. Yeah, I was. "I'm a good friend of Kayo's. I don't know if you remember me from that night at the club."

Suddenly, it all came rushing back to me. I did remember him. He was celebrating Sasha's victory and was one of the ones who tipped me most generously other than Sasha.