11 : dreams and nightmares

Everleigh

It couldn't be real

It couldn't be real.

There was no way in hell that I was directly in front of Sasha. The same man who became my first ever friend. The one that I shared my first kiss with. The one that always defended me and protected me. Sasha.

...Or should I say Kayo?

He was just as the boys described him. I always thought he was tall, but he was a giant now. There was something about him that just reeked of confidence and authority. It took one look from those dark gray eyes to make me feel some type of way. He was muscular—like really muscular. It was bulging through his white shirt, and one time while I was checking him out, I could see his abs poke through it. Not to mention, his delicious tattoos that covered almost every part of his body except for his right arm. He had scars covering parts of his face like his brow and the corner of his plump lips.

"What the hell was that?" Xyah questioned, her eyes bulging with curiosity. She had a hand on her hip as she shifted her weight.

"What?" I feigned innocence.

"Cut the shit, E! The way he was looking at you... that was intense," she said. "Not to mention, I have never seen you so flustered before."

I glanced over at the reserved section of the club only to catch Sasha's eyes. The moment I looked at him, I turned away and focused my attention back on Xyah.

"I know him from when I was a kid," I explained. I couldn't decide if I should go into more detail or just leave it at that. The more time that passed, the more comfortable I grew with my short answer.

"Hm," she hummed. "That doesn't explain how he looks at you like he's about to eat you."

My heartbeat stammered at her words. I found myself looking at him again, and every time that I did, he was already staring.

"I don't know..." I said breathlessly.

"How about I take this..." she said, gathering a bottle of vodka from my hands. "...and you go talk to him."

Suddenly, I made eye contact with the brunette on his arm. She was very pretty, and either the dress she was wearing hugged her curves in all the right places, or she had a very nice figure. She was more on the slim side but had something to grab onto in all the right places. I would've actually been a lot more envious of her if only she wasn't glaring straight into my soul.

"No," I told her, taking the bottle back. Before she could protest, I made my way back to our clients for the night. I put on my best brave face and forced a smile to my lips.

There was no way in hell I was going to let anyone get in the way of good tips on a big night. At my arrival, Sasha immediately raised a shot glass, showing me he wanted a refill. I tried not to look him in the eye as I filled him up. Being in his close proximity was intoxicating. It didn't help that his girlfriend was right next to him, feeling every bit of tension.