15 : lights and fights

— Everleigh

We were off of work the day of the fight

We were off of work the day of the fight. Xyah purposely made sure we weren't working that day without my permission. Despite how many times I tried to get her to not go, she wasn't backing down. A part of me felt as though she enjoyed seeing me in an anxious turmoil over seeing Sasha again—fighting. The last time I had seen him fight was when he defended me from Logan nine years ago. The look in his eye used to be the star in my nightmares. I really didn't want to relive any of those dark times.

"I saw those pictures you sent me. Your dad got a new dog?" Xyah asked as she went searching through my closet for an outfit. I didn't mind, though. Sometimes, she would return the favor and let me look through her things.

"Yes, his name is Charlie," I told her. A smile came across my face at the thought of Charlie, he was the cutest little boxer I had ever seen. Not to mention, he was so sweet. My dad told me about how lonely he gets sometimes, and how Charlie was now the perfect company.

"You know what they say... dog's are a man's best friend," Xyah told me. I was glad for that. My dad needed someone or something to hold onto, otherwise, I was afraid he'd sink.

"Ouu!" she exclaimed. "This is so cute! When did you get this?" Xyah asked me, holding up a two-piece set that I didn't even remember getting. I think I was going through a depressive phase and bought it. Sometimes, I would tell myself that I'd be happier if I was prettier, so I'd find myself buying outfits that I never wear.

I shrugged, sliding my laptop off my lap and placing it beside me on my bed.

"Can I wear it?" she asked me.

"Go ahead," I answered.

"Are you gonna get ready? Andre told me that he will be here in thirty minutes to pick us up," she informed me.

I stood up from my bed with a yawn. It was well into the evening, and I was already exhausted. I had a very long lecture early in the morning that I still hadn't recovered from.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I spoke. Walking over to my closet, she scooted over so I could begin looking through all my articles of clothing. Despite how much I didn't want to impress Sasha, I wanted to impress him. It was stupid, but I wanted him to see how beautiful I was. I needed him to know that I was doing bad all by myself.

"So, other than the dog, how did your visit with your dad go?" Xyah asked me.

A smile came across my face as I thought about it. We just sat around and talked about everything. My father was my best friend, and even at the most silent times, there was always comfort. He instantly brightened my mood and it always made my day to go visit him.

"It was really good," I told her, smiling.

"Good, I'm glad." She smiled.

"Oh, my God!" she exclaimed. I instantly looked over at what she pulled out of my closet and held up against my body. It was a short, pale yellow bodycon dress. I thought it was pretty basic, but apparently Xyah loved it.

"You have to wear this!" Xyah said cheerfully as she held it up against me. I softly grabbed it from her and slid the dress off the hanger. While I threw off my large tee, leaving me completely exposed aside from my panties, Xyah took the two-piece set from my closet and happily skipped out of my room to go put it on.

I threw on the dress and went searching for a pair of shoes. I loved wearing heels. Not only did heels make me taller, but it made me more confident. Xyah gifted me a pair of heels for my birthday two months ago, and I made sure to grab them. It was a simple white ankle strap heel with rhinestones on the strap.

Once I had my heels on, I looked at my outfit in the full-length mirror with a smile. The dress hugged my body in all the right places. I was grateful for my curves, and it really made its appearance through the fabric of my dress.

After one last look, I headed over to my bathroom and switched on the light. My hair still looked really good from a wash-and-go I did yesterday where I basically moisturized my curls so they were perfectly defined and bouncy. All I did was fluff out my curls a bit to shape it, and then I began applying my makeup.

I wanted my makeup to look as effortless as possible so I settled with some concealer. I did my eyebrows and applied mascara and did a wing of eyeliner on both eyes just before moving on to my lips. Just like Xyah taught me, I outlined my lips with brown lipliner and put lipgloss on top of that. I sprayed some setting spray on top and then I was finally done with my makeup.

Xyah burst into my room just in time. She was already dressed and ready to go. I could smell her rosy perfume the second she walked into my bedroom.

"Do you like?" I asked her, twirling around so she can see the whole outfit.

"Hell yes, Bitch!" she exclaimed. Her eyes seemed to light up as she gave my body another once-over. "I knew you would look sexy in that!"

I felt sexy. It wasn't like a slutty sexy but a beautiful sexy—a confident sexy.

"You look good!" I complimented, finally taking a look at her. She mocked my actions and spun around so I could get a clear view. It was a black two-piece set that consisted of flare pants and a small tube top. She had the perfect hour glass figure for it except she was more on the slim side while I had a bit of pudge from my stomach. My gaze traveled up to her face where she had on light makeup just like me and her hair in a low ponytail again.

"Thank you," she gushed.

Suddenly, someone pounded on the door. I rolled my eyes already knowing who was there.

"He's always knocking like he owns the place or somethin'," I said annoyedly. Xyah laughed like I told the funniest joke and went off to go answer the door. Before she could, I caught up to her.

"What happened to breaking up with him?" I asked her, raising my brow.

She sighed. "I'll talk to you about it later."

Before I could say another word, she opened the door. Andre, Malik, and Tyler were standing outside the door, waiting to get in. I didn't know how all of us were going to fit in the car without being scrunched together which I really wasn't looking forward to.

She enthusiastically wrapped her arms around Andre and pecked his lips. Yup, they definitely weren't breaking up.

"Hey, E," Malik said, smiling at me.

"Hey," I muttered.

"Wassup," Tyler told me. I settled with a fake smile.

"Y'all ready?" Andre asked, looking between me and his girlfriend.

"We're ready," I muttered, pushing past them. I made my way to Andre's car as Malik followed right behind me.

Xyah quickly caught up to me, whispering in my ear, "Be nice."

"I am," I told her.

Malik opened the back door for me. I slid into the car, and he got in right after me. Tyler went around to the other side and got into the car. I was stuck in the middle, between both Tyler and Malik. Xyah got into the front seat and Andre got into the driver's side. Of course, Andre was driving Xyah's car like it was his. He always had it, and she just let him joyride it anytime he wanted to.

"Let's go watch Kayo kick some ass!" Andre cheered, driving off down the road.

Please vote!