6 : defending evie

Everleigh

I really really liked Sasha

Months had passed since our very first kiss. Ever since we had started kissing, all I could think about was him. Now, it was like I could barely look at him without getting nervous. I was sure he could sense how different things between us have become.

"You... okay?" Sasha asked, walking up to me. School was over, and it was the worst day of my life. Mia and Logan wouldn't leave me alone all day. Ever since I got so close to Sasha, their teasing only increased dramatically.

I glanced over at him before nervously looking at the ground. "Yeah, I'm fine," I lied.

While I had such strong feelings for Sasha, I also felt very guilty. He needed a friend—not a girlfriend.

He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could get a word out, I ran into the woods. I could hear him running after me. It quickly became our spot. Sasha turned something I used to fear into a place I loved going to. Every day, I would tell my father to pick me up an hour later just so I could spend my time in the forest with Sasha.

Once I made it to our spot by the lake, Sasha grabbed me by my arm gently, stopping me. I looked down to see the cuts and bruises around his knuckles. My eyes widened as I looked at them. Suddenly, he snatched his hand away and out of my sight.

"What happened?" I asked him.

Just like I knew he would, he grew silent. I hated when he did that.

Letting out a sigh, I walked over to the lake where I sat down with my legs folded up underneath me. I reached down to touch the water, watching as the water reflected the beautiful trees.

"You never answer me when I ask you questions about your bruises and stuff," I said aloud. "We're supposed to be friends, Sasha. That's not fair."

Sasha walked over to me. He sat down right beside me and just stared.

"поцелуй," he said. Sasha began to lean in, his gray eyes peering into my own.

I quickly shook my head, backing away. "No, no поцелуй," I said.

"Why?" he asked.

Because I really like you.

"I'm not in the mood today," I lied, shrugging it away. I quickly looked down at the ground and away from his curious eyes. It was like he could see through my every word.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked him, still never bothering to look at him.

"You... hate me," he stated. My eyes widened in surprise as I finally managed to look him in the eye without all the nervousness clouding the pit of my stomach.