28

Louis opened the door and noticed that the light was off. Confused, he turned it on and noticed his boyfriend laying on the bed - hands behind his head - looking up at the ceiling.

He didn't move as Louis walked in further and shut the door behind him.

He slowly walked toward the bed, and joined him. He didn't say anything as Louis laid next to him, but Louis knew he was aware of his presence of course.

After a moment of silence of just laying there, the silence was broken.

"Why?" Harry suddenly questioned.

Louis turned his head to look at him. "Why now? when I've been doing better without her, why does she suddenly have to show up?" Harry asked, bitterly.

Louis knew there was an answer to his question, but also knew that the answer she gave was worthless.

"8 years. 8 and she all of a sudden decides to show up just because she saw me? bullshit, I would rather her not have followed me at all!"

Louis wanted to say something, but knew he probably had more to say to get off his chest.

"Before our father passed, Gemma and I knew he knew where she was. We knew because he was always constantly checking his emails, which he never did before." He started, and Louis listened silently.

"But how we knew for certain was during Christmas. There was this gift that he'd always
wanted; This very expensive watch that neither me nor Gemma could afford. He opened the gift and we saw the watch. We knew immediately who he got it from, but didn't say anything. Sure, everyone else was there who had given him a gift, but neither got him the watch, and questioned him. He later admitted it though. What upsets me about it is that she could send him a gift, but not us? not even for our birthdays either? pathetic." He huffed.

"But whatever, just fuck it all. I never want to see that woman again! the fucking excuses, please." He rolled his eyes, saying. Despite his reaction to talking about his mother, Louis could still tell he was hurt.

"No mother would leave their child while they're going through shit like this. She said she should've stayed, but that's exactly what she was supposed to do in the first place! as a fucking mother!" He exclaimed in anger. He didn't say anything else after that and sighed deeply.

Louis reached for his hand and squeezed it gently.

"Come here."

He moved closer to Louis and immediately cuddled up to him. Louis began to rub his back slowly, and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"I'm so sorry." Was all he could say.

It was silent for a few seconds, before he replied, "It's too late for sorry."

• • •

"Are you sure wherever we're going is even going to help?" Harry asked Louis, as they walked further into the forest.

"It helped me when I was going through stress. Me and Liam came here when I was going through my worst break up yet. He was the one who set it up." He answered.

"Set up what?" Harry asked Louis, only to get no response. Harry wasn't surprised, as this was normal for them when they didn't want to ruin the surprise.

They continued to walk until they got to the destination. Harry looked confused as he saw what was in front of him; A trampoline.

Louis didn't say anything and just went inside of it.

"Wha—? wait how is this supposed to help?"

"A little fun helps. It's probably not much to you, but I really just wanted to help because I know how you've been feeling these past few days." He explained. Harry however, didn't seem fazed.

"Come on, please? just try." He urged. "I've already tried helping before with no success. I'm surprised I didn't even think of this till now."

Harry sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine. I'll try." He finally agreed.

He climbed into the trampoline and quicky dusted himself off as dirt got on him.

"Sorry if it's a bit dirty. I haven't been here for the longest. I'm surprised I even remembered it exists." Louis said.

"It's alright, it's just a little dirt." Harry assured, and Louis nodded. He began jumping slightly on the trampoline, waiting for Harry to jump as well.

Harry hesitated-barely jumping. Louis noticed and started jumping higher.

He watched Louis as he jumped up and down. Finally having the courage, he began to jump.

Louis smiled as Harry began to jump. They jumped for what felt like forever, but the good thing about it was that Harry was actually smiling and laughing.

"This is actually fun!" Harry shouted in excitement. He was jumping higher and higher, until he fell and rolled over on the trampoline.

Louis stopped jumping, and bursted out laughing at his boyfriend. Harry was laughing as well, holding onto his stomach.

He stopped laughing suddenly and looked up at the sky.

He then smiled and looked up at Louis. "My dad would've loved you, you know?"

Louis looked taken aback at what he said. "Really? you think so?" He raised a brow.

"I don't think, I know." He said truthfully. That made Louis smile brightly.

"Gosh I love you so much." He blushed.

He pulled Harry up and immediately kissed him in a deep and passionate kiss.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Hope you liked this chapter!

This book will be ending soon. I was thinking 2 more chapters and that would be it. Or just one more, idk. I wanted to continue it a bit further to maybe 30 something chapters, but then I realized that maybe this book dosen't really need to continue further as it seemed the only thing left now, was a conclusion.

But overall, I do hope you all have enjoyed this book and it's journey! the support means so much to me and I thank you all so much for it.

See you soon.xX❤️