Chapter 5: Brianna VS May

“What the hell was that for?!” Paul hissed and radiated a dark aura while glaring at Ash who sweat-dropped nervously.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry! Please forgive me!” Ash apologized while the other two calmed the ‘Black Doom’ down.

That’s what they call him when he’s angry.

They succeeded in calming Paul down while Ash continues his apology.

“Stop your apologies.” Paul commanded.

Ash nodded. “Thank you for forgi-”

“But I will not forgive you.” The purple-haired cut off.

Drew shook his head and faced Ash. “Why were you in a daze?”

Gary nodded. “He’s right. I’ve been calling for you about what we heard from the girls since we know you didn’t listen.”

“So what did you hear?”

“Well, it seems that February is battling Brianna-”

“The one who claimed to be your future girlfriend and then wife?”

“Yes, now don’t interrupt me. She challenged April to a battle and the others decided that she should use Skitty.”

“I know right! That Pokémon was weak!” Gary commented.

“But it grew stronger.” Ash interjected.

“So? I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Brianna is the school’s top female coordinator.”

Drew nodded and smirked. “Let’s bet. Who is going to win? Brianna or May? Winner gets 500 bucks from each of the people who lose.” He said. “I can’t believe I’m saying this but I choose… Brianna.” He shivered at the mention of that girl’s name.

“Me too!”

“I don’t want to be a part of your stupid game.” Paul said. “But since the prize money is huge, I choose that bitch.”

“May.” Ash answered.

The others stared at him as if he grew another head. Even Ash was shock at what he answered!

“Why?” Gary asked, trailing the last letter.

Ash pretended to looked nonchalant at what he said. “I choose May because I…know she can do it.” Well, that was a lame excuse. No one was convinced but let it go. They smirked, knowing they would win.

TIMESKIP

The battle is ready.

May and Brianna were at the opposite ends of the battlefield. The red-head was smirking while the brunette was slightly smiling since she’s bored. The battlefield was a simple grass type.

A student, who volunteered to be the referee, glanced at both sides. “This is a one-on-one battle between Brianna and May!”

The crowd, that was excited to watch the fight, protested among themselves.

“One-on-one? That sucks!”

“Can’t it be three-on-three battle?”

“Yeah! To make this fight more exciting!”

Then some cheered for Brianna and May but others were giving the brunette mocked looks of sympathy since they knew that the red-head will win.

Brianna heard their low protests and smirked at May. “So they want a three-on-three battle. Are you up for the challenge?”

May smiled. “Of course.”

Brianna nodded at the referee and vice-versa.

“The battle has changed to a three-on-three battle! Let the battle begin!”