Chapter 14: Dan

"First, I have to get Leaf's and Misty's location." May closed her eyes and focused on making her energy expand from her position in a ripple effect. She can feel the life pulsing around her 'radar' from the plants, people and Pokemon. Though Ash's was most prominent considering he was standing closest to her.

"How?" Ash raised a brow at the girl's strange behavior. "May? What exactly are you doing?" Because from what he's seeing, it looked like she fell asleep standing.  

There.

A fiery, red aura oozing with determination and decisiveness: Misty was a woman on a mission. Beside her was a calming green but it had a hint of restlessness on it too. May can't pinpoint where she was heading but at least she now knows where the orange haired girl is.

Snapping her eyes open, the brunette muttered, "Got her now. Ash, hold on to my shoulder!"

"What, why?" But still did as she said. Once his hand came in contact with her left shoulder, they vanished.

. . . . .

"Are you sure about this Brianna? What if something bad happens?"

"Of course I am, Dan!" The red head rolled her eyes at her cousin. "You caught something that could be the biggest news of the century! And if my plan goes well, we can find out the identity of the girl-"

"B-But why do you even want to do that? The Celestial Maiden helped us a lot and keeping her identity a secret should be our way of thanking her." Dan argued. He was a red head like the girl but a shade lighter and was a head taller. His eyes were a soft brown that was reflecting the worry he was feeling right now.

"Weeelll, if we know her then we can personally thank her for everything! Isn't that better?"

"We should respect her privacy, Bri!" He frowned. "It's bad enough that you convinced me to tell the media about it and now people are asking for the photo. What if Team MARs will come after me, huh?! I could be killed for this!"

The girl's response was only a careless wave of her hand, as if waving his worries away like it was nothing. "Then Celestial Maiden will come to your aid! Didn't you have a crush on her? Didn't you always want to meet her?"

"W-WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" A tint of red bloomed on his cheeks.

"Don't think I didn't see all those diagrams, notes and records of her activities in your closet."

Blush gone, now he was annoyed and a tad bit angry. "What the heck Bri?! Learn to give a guy his own privacy! Gosh, why are you so nosy?"

And he doesn't just mean staying out of his business, but also keeping her hands to herself when it comes to the school idols. Mainly Drew.

Brianna rolled her eyes and rested her hands on her hips. "Whatever couz. Just give me the photo and this conversation is over."

"No way!"

"Don't you want to be famous, Dan? If we do this now, there's no question that you'll be scouted by big media companies. And once you do, you might be given a chance to investigate more about her. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!"

"I said NO!"

A dark shadow fell on the girl's face and for a minute, Dan could vaguely sense a shift in the air. Looking at his cousin, her lips were straightened in a thin line and her eyes were narrowing on him like she came to a realization that he was becoming a threat.

'But why? What's wrong with her?'

She took a step forward. He took a step back.

"L-Look, even if I want to give it to you now, I can't."

"And why not? Am I not your cousin?" She practically growled.

"Because I still need to take down some notes about it!" He was spitting out words faster than he can think. "Like the location of the shot, the time of day, the design of her costume, that sort of thing. It's what photojournalists like me do!"

Brianna rolled her eyes. "Fine! But I want that picture right after or you'll regret it!" With those words, she stomped out of her cousin's room, slamming the door on her way out.

Dan breathed a sigh of relief. His cousin was a nightmare sometimes. He went to the door and made sure to lock it, doing the same to his windows and then drawing the curtains to darken the room. Taking out his phone from his pocket, he turned on the flashlight and went to his closet. Sweeping a glance around his room once, he opened the closet doors and went inside, closing it behind him.

His closet contained jackets, sweaters, and a lot of other stuff hung up. He pushed past them and went further inside. Though his cousin was right -that he hid photos, news articles, and things related to Celestial Maiden pinned on a board behind the clothes- at least she didn't know that if one took the board off the wall, they will see a keypad. By pressing the right code, the wall will move back and slide to the side, revealing a secret room.

Stepping inside just as the wall slid again to move back to its original position, his eyes caught the sight of an even bigger board where papers, photos, investigation notes, and cut out articles were pinned and red markers connecting one to the other. He reached for the switch at the side and flicked the lights on then turned off his phone flashlight.

He pulled up a familiar photo from his pocket and stared at it with a wide grin. "This is it. Another clue to her identity." His eyes closed, his grin falling to a content smile. "My princess... we'll meet at last."

.

.

.

.

.

Next time...

"Hey girls!"

"What is he doing with you?!"

---

"Excuse me, are you the guy who supposedly caught a picture of the Celestial Maiden?" Despite the sweet smile she was wearing, the dark and constricting aura surrounding her made the other person gulped.

"Y-Yeah? What a-about it?"

Authoress' Note

I'm sorry for this extremely short chapter and for updating only after 3 years. No amount of apologies can forgive my sin, but I'll say it anyway. I'M SOSOSOSOSO SORRY!

I'll keep this note short and simple.

Please stay at home and always keep yourself safe from this pandemic!