Authoress' Show

A girl with waist length ebony hair and onyx eyes sat on her desk with a bunch of papers spread across the surface. Coughing to clear her throat, she faced the camera. "Hey, guys! KaylaHeartfilia here! Unfortunately, this is not an update."

Cue 'BOO' sound from somewhere.

Her eyes flashed. "Who said that?!" She growled.

No reply.

"I thought so. Anyway, I updated this chapter to tell you... I'M SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO SOOORRRYYYYY!!! This month was HELL, I tell you!" She threw some papers off her desk in frustration. "There was this four-days event where 24 schools get to compete in academics, athletics, and a beauty pageant. During my last update, we were up practicing til' it arrived." She winked. "I'm in Essay Writing, by the way. Just barely reached 10th place. Yes, it may not seem much but I'm also the Academic, Literary and Musical Event-in-charge! I was tasked to make sure that my group practiced and studied and...well, it did not go to waste!"
Linking her fingers, she gave a sad smile. "And after that was a week of studying, making up for the lost time. Oh! Our school is 1st Runner Up, by the way! Cool, huh? Anyway, what was supposed to be a two-days exam turned three. Because the photocopy machine broke!" She cried. "I really am sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you! But...I am currently experiencing a writer's block and I don't want to update a half-assed effort chapter. But if you have any ideas, PM ME!!!"

Her wrist watch suddenly went off. Kayla presses a button and a holographic screen came up and showed a panicked Ash. "Ash? What are-"

"Kayla! Paul is gonna kill me!"

"...Why?"

"I accidentally woke him up and now he's chasing me with a frying pan in his boxers! YOU GOTTA SAVE ME!"
SLAM!
"Oh, no HE FOUND ME!"
"YOU ARE SO DEAD, KETCHUM!"

The screen went off.

It was silent.

Kayla blinked and smiled uneasily. "Well, sorry for those who were eager to read the new chapter! And thank you to those who add, followed, voted, shared and commented. See you next, time! Got to save Ash! KaylaHeartfilia, out!"