Chapter 9: Going to Pokestria

"Leaf, Misty, Dawn!" All three girls looked behind them and saw May running with a look of urgency on her face. She was clutching her bag when she stopped before them and panted for three breaths before saying,

"We need to talk!" She whisper-yelled. All three of them blinked.

"Okay...?"

Throughout the morning, the girls noticed that May was not like her usual self in class. Even their adviser, Solidad, and a few other people noticed her sudden isolation. The brunette had a look of anxiousness in her eyes that made the girls wish that time would go faster.

TIME SKIP (Lunch) (A/N Because I can!) 

"So May, what do you want to talk about?" Leaf started the conversation as she opened her lunch box. They were on the rooftop where people rarely go, except them who used it as their meeting place. It was rather windy but it didn't bother them.

May, who was pacing back and forth in sheer anxiousness, stopped and turned to the other three who was staring at her from their place on a bench. "Have I ever told you about the Mysterium Crystal?" 

"Uhh...it's a crystal that sounds mysterious?" May glared at Dawn who nervously laughed while sweat dropping. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" 

Misty stared at the lunette blankly before turning to May. "So what is it? We could tell it got you worried all morning."

"The Mysterium Crystal has the ability to greatly enhance a Pokemon to an even greater level that rivals even Arceus! It disappeared right after I was crowned and its the same crystal that allows me to call them." The brunette breathed deeply before continuing, "I infiltrated Team Rocket's main research facility last night and took the data for their next plan. It turns out they have it..."

"From the way you're trailing off, I'm guessing whatever their next plan is, it won't be pretty." Misty deadpanned.

May nodded. "Team MARs are planning to connect Pokestria and Earth to kill Arceus and gain the world's control! Once Pokestria is in their hands, they'll go to Earth next!" She threw her hands up in the air with mixed emotions on her face to put emphasis on the severity of the situation.

SILENCE....

"Well? Aren't you going to say anything?!"

Leaf placed her lunchbox on the space beside her and stood up. "Okay, let's all think rationally and not panic-"

"WHAT?! Are you serious?! Then we should get that crystal right away before they do something serious! C'mon girls!" Dawn zoomed past May in a blur of dust towards the door then stopped, a leg in mid-air when she noticed that no one was following her. She glared at them over her shoulder. "What are you waiting for?! Let's go!"

Misty calmly stood up and made her way towards her. Once she was a foot away, she smacked her head. "Leaf said not to panic. Now get back on that bench and think things through." She ordered, her eye glinting, daring the lunette to disobey.

Shaking in fear while rubbing the bump on her head, Dawn gulped and nodded before sprinting to her seat. Misty followed.

When all of their attention was on her, May said, "We can't barge in their hideout and act without a plan." She placed her left hand on her waist, her eyes and voice serious. "In two days time, I'm going to need you with me to spy on them. We need to find out where they kept it hidden."

Leaf hummed in thought. "Is there a clue in the data you've stolen on where it could possibly be hidden?"

May frowned as she shook her head. "No, only that it's from a 'very reliable source'." Cue quotation fingers.