Chapter 11: Secret Found Out

May could hardly move her body without feeling pain coursing through her. It went on for what felt like hours until the pain numbed. She was pretty sure that those strings were laced with poison that she could hardly endure.
She heard a strange buzzing of sounds that she can't clearly decipher. When her mind was coming to consciousness, her eyes fluttered open only to see blinding white.

"Ssss...!" She hissed at the burning sensation in her eyes and instantly closed her eyelids shut.

"She's awake!"
"Who turned the lights on her?!"
"Uhh...me?"
"Dawn!"
"Shut up!"

She sensed the light above her turned off and someone placing a cold towel over her eyes. She relaxed at the numbness of pain in her eyes.

"How do you feel, May?" Leaf's voice asked.

"Fine, how long was I out?"

"8 hours. We had to make an alibi for you so the class wouldn't get suspicious. You gave me quite a scare when I saw you bloodied up in my lab floor."
May winced at the worry and scolding in her voice.

"It's my fault, sorry. I got careless and let my guard down when I saw those trio of baboons again."

"Who?" Misty asked. May could sense her quirking an eyebrow in confusion.

"Who else? The Rocket trio who tried to steal Pokémon and is always defeated."

"Oh." -Dawn
"I can't blame you on that one." -Misty
"At least you've learned your lesson." Leaf's stern tone cut in. "You shouldn't let your guard down no matter the opponent. They are after you May, to get rid of you from constantly ruining their plans.

May decided to use her voice. "...Sorry." And she really meant it. She tried to move her arm to find that she can now move them freely. Sitting up, she took off the cloth and opened her eyes. While she adjusted her eyes to the room, Leaf gave her analysis.

"Laces of Palarexin tried to coexist in your bloodstream but your body rejected the foreign source. While your body tried to fight it off, your whole body system has to shut down while your...spiritual body was forced to awaken."

May was gaping at her with wide eyes. "My what?!" She's heard of this situation before; Arceus explained it to her before.

~**~

"Spiritual awakening?" May asked as she sat on her throne, placing a lone strand over her ear. She was 11 at the time, wearing a short blue dress with her hair in an Ancient Greek style.

Arceus nodded. "It is a state where your spiritual body that is always in a deep sleep awakens when in danger."