6

Teyanne Sully

I pulled back up to the church, my mind still stuck on everything my mother had said. She was all appearances in front of the church, but then wanted to be motherly in private. I swear, after a couple more Sunday's I'm finna be outta here again.

I parked in a spot near the one I had been at earlier with Lilliana. Lilliana. I chuckled to myself, remembering the shocked expression on her face when I dropped that bomb on her before class. I'd have to come up with something special for her. Truth be told, I just sorta wanted to see if I could bag her then bang. I don't have many options on campus, so why not entertain a girl that seems to be easily wooed. When something better comes along, I'll just drop her and it'll be that.

Although...she's already been around my mom and I try to make those relationships last longer. Even though I've never directly introduced a girlfriend to my mother before.

But in the same breath, my mom won't accept me unless I have a boyfriend on my arms to uphold how we look as a family affiliated with our church.

"Teyanne, you're back. Good. The window was repaired but a few of the seats still need some work, and the pulpit was minorly damaged. They'll have a few church members and contractors working on it," she informed me. I nodded.

"Where's Dad?"

"He went back home. I'm going to stay a little while longer to help with some notes for Bible Study."

We stood awkwardly for a moment. "I guess you can go ahead. There's enough hands helping out," she sighed. I turned to go but she called me.

"Teyanne. No funny business with Lilliana, okay?"

I nodded, not meeting her gaze. I headed back to my Jaguar and started the engine. I didn't bother with a seatbelt and pulled out quickly. I made a turn and went back to the main road that took me through Christiano. Off of a last minute decision, I decided to check out a cute little cafe right on the edge of town before the road led into the campus.

I parked my car on the slanted lot and walked inside. The place smelled like warm donuts and homemade lemonade and coffee. The line was two people short and no one really sat inside. I surveyed the menu, standing a little bit back. Maybe I could take Lilliana here if they were still open tomorrow at 4. I'd have to check the times on the window when I headed back out.

"Can I help you?" a girl with tan skin and dark red hair asked me cheerfully.

"I need a minute," I gave her a polite smile. They had a breakfast menu, brunch menu, but no dinner menu. I bit my lip as I surveyed it some more. Hmm, maybe I'd have to find somewhere else in Christiano for me and Lilliana to eat tomorrow. "Are you guys open at 4?" I asked the girl. She was about my age in a boring worker uniform, with a little bit of ass and a lot of titties. How was I just noticing that? My mind had been too worried about Lilliana.

"We close at 5:30," she told me, wiping down a machine. I nodded. "I'll take the brunch wrap."

"Can I have a name for the order?" she asked me, typing some directions into a machine.

"Tey. T-e-y," I spelled out.

I went to sit down in an iron seat, casually scrolling through my phone as I waited for my order to be made.