13

Lilliana Morst

My phone buzzing was what woke me up out of my sleep. Teyanne was snuggled against me, her soft lashes laying delicately over her closed eyes. I felt around for my phone until I could see it in the early morning light that peered into our cozy room. I checked the time, it was seven, then the notification. It was my mother asking how my travels were going. Should I tell her I plan to stay in a hotel or continue with my plan to stay with her?

Don't get me wrong, I was still a tad bit mad at Tey and I wasn't one of those females who forgave someone easily at a whim, but the sex Tey and I shared had been good. I was struggling to come up with a response to my mother's text as my brain unclouded itself, when Tey rolled out of the bed.

I dropped my phone and covered up a laugh, realizing I was butt naked as the cold air brushed against my humid skin underneath the covers. Half a robe was slung across my body and my eyes felt gritty. Tey and I had experienced... a lot together, but I didn't need her seeing me when I looked like a disaster. I quickly made my way out of bed before she could recover from her fall, and flew into the restroom.

I locked the door and breathed out, my eyes moving up to myself in the mirror. My skin was soft and natural. Little cracks of cellulite littering the area near my thighs and hips, my brown skin covered in a few bumps near my inner thighs where they constantly brushed. My hair was a mess, and my pretty breasts hung with tiredness from Tey's touch.

I swiped the sweat from around my forehead and caught a whiff of my underarms, deciding it was shower time. I got in, slowly opening the glass door and digesting the shampoo, soap, and conditioner options the hotel offered. I noticed a towel rack in the far corner above my head, behind me. The tub's shower mats sucked at my feet almost painfully as I leaned over to shut the door. I distracted myself and got to lathering with the soap, letting the perfume-y scent wash across the bathroom and across my skin. After I was done bathing myself, I stepped out with a towel wrapped around my body.

I had tried not to get my hair wet since I hadn't thought to dig out my shower cap, but it was damp anyways. I patted my body dry then started on my hair. I stood nakedly as I parted and combed it out, and made do with a simple bun. After I finished freshening up, I wrapped the towel back around me and entered the bedroom, seeing Tey fixing the bed.

"Good morning," I told her, clearing my throat mid greeting as my voice got used to talking yet another day. "Good morning," Tey rasped, also clearing her throat. She threw my robe into a bin and picked up our discarded clothes and threw them in as well. I went to get some clothes out of one of my bags, secretly hoping that maybe Tey would invite me back to bed for another round.

"What time do you have to leave?" she asked me.

"For what?" I asked, slipping on my snug Victoria Secret panties. "I saw your mother's text," she told me as she fixed a case back on a pillow with a sour expression. "Since you decided to still go to Houston," she added.

"Tey, I was planning on staying at the hotel," I told her softly. "I just didn't know how to tell my mother that." Her expression changed but I was growing angry. "Did you just sleep with me so I'd stay at the hotel with you and not want to go back to Houston to my mama?"

"No," she said, looking up sharply.

"I planned on staying here with you," I told her, lowering my tone as I saw her hurt expression. Tey appeared conflicted, biting her lip softly. "I can't stay here with you though. We're still too close to Christiano-

"Tey, when are you gonna stop living by your family's rules and make your own?" I asked her, trying to keep the rising anger out of my tone.

"I tried doing that and looked what happened," she threw her hands up in defeat. "You tried, and you try again," I told her softly, soft like her lips. "Come here," I told her, barely above a mumble. She walked across the room, subtly pouting as she made her way to me. I was still without a bra- only panties and socks. I kissed her chin slowly, then quickly landed a peck on her lips. "Be you, Tey."

"Do you still want me?" she asked me, searching my eyes with her beautiful brown ones.

"I've wanted you since you first came into Westland's class," I whispered, my minty breath blowing into her face. She lifted me up and pulled me against her, still staring intensely into my eyes. "I never- my love never gave up on you, I was just angry... about our circumstances."

"I'm sorry I failed you, and your future," she told me sincerely, looking down as she still held my body tightly up against her. "I don't care anymore," I said, feeling a weight off of my shoulders. "I didn't want college or a perfect straight family anyways," I admitted to her, and she shot me a confused look with a little smile. Right, I hadn't told her about that consideration. How about I not, I thought to myself. "I've been letting my family dictate how I live my life too. Just because a lot of people in my family went to college doesn't mean that I have to if I don't see that for myself," I said out loud.

"But wait, how will you take care of yourself?" Tey frowned, putting me down as we both started to strain to maintain my position against her. "I'll let you figure that out. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom," I told Tey teasingly.

"I wouldn't have a problem with that or providing for you. But there's no kid," Tey frowned, then her gaze dropped to my slightly flat stomach.