32

Teyanne Sully

Later on in the day, I start job searching again. Lilliana hasn't came out the room all day, but I try to ignore that. I guess she's still in her feelings. I was trying to get past my mistakes and start thinking about our future, she was the one caught up on old shit. It's like she's mad at me for trying to apologize for my wrongs. That's weird as fuck.

I click towards a job offer being a telemarketer. All it requires is a few days of training and a course. I lean forward, reading the job description clearly. "Okay," I mumble to myself. Me and my girl might be able to live somewhere better now and go further into Dallas like we planned. If I get this job, a lot of our dreams could be made true.

"Bae!" I call out, looking back towards our bedroom.

"Wh- Yes?" she answers back, her voice tired.

"Come here."

A few moments later, she walks towards me somewhat hesitantly. "Why you walking so slow? I got something to show you." I turn around and show her the telemarketer job. "All I gotta do is take a few days or weeks of training and I could get this job."

"Ain't that Gia?"

"You jealous?" I smirk at her. I hadn't even realized it was Gia's name next to the job offer. I guess she had left stripping behind. I was proud of her, she was probably making big money doing this. Look at my little friend bossing up. Suddenly Lilliana seemed excited about the offer. "I think you should take it, and you'll be working with your friend. I'm sure she's nice, and she'll get you the hook up. That means we can start moving towards our plans," she suggested.

I nodded along in agreement. "I'm actually gon call her up," I told Lilliana, pulling out my phone. She started to turn away, bouncing with excitement. "Ay, leave your phone in here." She frowned, laying her phone down. "Why?"

"Just wanted to see sumin," I shrugged.

She left back to our bedroom as I dialed Gia's number. Things look like they might be looking up now.

"Bet," I ended my call with Gia.

I already knew I had the job. Gia was my girl, my best friend, my day one. She got me. All I had to do was finish the training then I was gonna be locked and set. Shit, should I send Lilliana to start the apartment shopping. Should we start ordering new furniture? Or would it be too soon? The job paid good and it was a big step up from our sparse income right now, coming from my funds.

"Lilliana, can you come cook please?"

"You want some frozen lasagna?" she asked me, coming out with her Crocs in hand. "Yeah," I said quickly, "but where you going?"

"I'm going to take a walk. I been looking at apartments and shit we gon buy for our new place all day. I figured I'd-

"Be back in thirty minutes," I told her, turning back to the computer. I heard her slipping her shoes on. "When do you start training?" she asked me. She grabbed her laptop case and eyed her phone still sitting by me. "Tomorrow, so ima be busy. I'll squeeze some sex in when I can, I know you miss me, mami."

"You done with my phone? What if I get kidnapped?" she half joked.

"Hold on," I tell her, quickly unlocking it. I go to her Messages, everything is good there, then her search history. I hand her the phone back, ignoring her curious glance at my face. "Thanks. I'll set a timer for thirty minutes." She wasn't escaping nowhere barely clothed and unprepared like that, and I could watch her out of my window. She wouldn't make it far.

"Stay safe," I call out as she leaves the house.

"Thanks!"

I go back to my computer, clicking through the brief summary about the training I'd be doing. Things were definitely starting to look up.

Lilliana's back a minute early and I stop the timer I had set on my phone. "Hey baby," I smile. I close my computer and get ready to eat some lasagna. "So far I've found three good places near downtown Dallas. Is it an online job or like, will you be going to work everyday?"

"It's a mixture. Hopefully at this new place I'll have a work room too," I comment. Lilliana started tapping away on her phone. "Okay, so a three bedroom is cool?"

"Why we need three bedrooms? I get the space for the workroom, so wouldn't it be a two bedroom?" I ask her. "We gone be sleeping together," I add.

Lilliana laughed at me and I briefly wondered if she was going to start mocking me again. "The extra room is for when we have guests and stuff. For the time being it can be like a chill room. I know you always talk about how you wish you had a PlayStation, and like a game room so I thought about that Daddy." Trailing her hands across my chest, she looks up at me in adoration.

Damn, I'm a lucky woman.

"You so thoughtful and smart. I chose right," I peck her on the cheek. "Go and get some sleep. We both been working hard today. After dinner, of course."

Lilliana got our food together and sat next to me as we dug in. I poked my food. "This part is cold." Lilliana frowned and poked at a side of her food too. "Damn, it's been cooking for a minute so that must mean the stove is fucking up."

"Well, at least we won't have to worry about that for long," I commented. She went back to the kitchen and came back with the butcher knife tucked underneath the lasagna pan. She sat it down and brought the knife near the lasagna like she was going to cut it some more. I looked back down at my food and started eating the hot parts, taking my attention off of her.

Suddenly the knife was against my throat.

"Put your hands on me again, Tey and I will murder you," she told me slowly. I rose my hands up, smirking at my woman. "You look really sexy right now, babe." My mind briefly went back to the gun and the things she let me do with it. I thought she'd just pull the knife away but she nicked my neck instead. "Ow," I frowned, holding my cut neck.

"Don't play with me," she told me venomously.

Suddenly switching to sweet, she frowned. "I can't believe this stove is acting up. It wasn't doing that before. I guess we'll just have to eat the hot parts. I don't wanna make it hard by microwaving it. And putting it on quick defrost ain't gone do shit now that it's already cooked." I went and cleaned up my neck and came back to eat, only amused by my girl's show of...bravery?

I always liked a crazy bitch.