37

Lilliana Morst

I make it to Dallas by twelve in the morning. I don't waste any time grabbing my shit and getting it together. I take all my things, all the things bought with my money, and my decorations down. I empty boxes still filled with other things, then fill them with my shit. I don't know how I'm going to move this shit and how I'm gonna get to New York. I just know I have to leave. Teyanne and I may have had an extraordinary day today, but tomorrow isn't a given.

I order a U-Haul, and start the process of renting a car. By the time I'm done packing, the rental should be arriving at the apartment, and the U-Haul a little later. I barely stop to eat food, or to use the restroom. Who knows if Teyanne might find some way around Gia and come back up here? I can't chance it.

After everything is set, I'm driving in my rental with the U-Haul attached, getting my ass out of Dallas. And out of Texas. Maybe I'll just stay in Louisiana. Yes, that was more reasonable. New York was far, and I had too many things. I text Gia that I was okay and leaving Dallas.

I finally felt safe, even though I didn't have much money and where I would stay was a topic of uncertainty.

It's late Sunday morning, and I'm barely over the state line of Louisiana. Teyanne's been blowing up my phone, and Gia too. Gia tells me that she has Teyanne under control and not to worry, but I still don't tell either of them where I am. I don't even know if in a month I'll still want to be with Tey. I might decide that I'm fed up with this bullshit, and not willing to wait on somebody who abused me to get better mentally. Then again, I'm in love.

Will my heart allow me to break things off with her?

I'm trying to relax at a low scale hotel with amazing tequilas. I had sweet talked the bartender into giving me two drinks despite me being 20. I wasn't going to push it for the third drink, so I was enjoying each sip that I ingested. After I was done, I ordered myself some salsa and chips, watching customers come and go. I felt like I was on the run, or on some top secret mission only I fully knew about. My shoulders were tensed, I looked at each face that passed me. I was paranoid, and all because of the person I loved.

What if I went back to Tey, and she kept doing the same shit? What if I never had an opportunity like this again? Should I really chance things and go back to her? Can Gia really fix Teyanne in a month when she could hardly fix her before?

I dipped a crunchy chip into the thick hunk of salsa.

I let the seasoning and texture coat my tongue as I weighed my options. I had never felt this way about anyone else before. But that doesn't mean I can't feel that way again...with someone else. I guess I have about thirty days to decide on that then, huh?